Friends Like These

Sorry for not updating yesterday. It was a busy day. And I may have been disheartened by the lack of reviews. I know I'm over reacting, I just have no self-esteem so I apologize.

Thanks for reading!

Words: 1,647

__________

"Hey, so, I was thinking," Spencer says while taking a seat on his coffee table across from Devyn who smirks at his words.

"Oh, no," She mumbles, lips turning up into a real smile when he gives her a look. "I'm kidding."

"Mm-hmm," Spencer hums but he grins himself and hooks his hand behind her knees to pull her closer to him. "Don't look for a new place."

Raising her eyebrows, Devyn cocks her head to the side. "No?"

"No," Spencer shakes his head and looks off to the side tentatively. "I mean, you already have all your stuff here. Why not just keep it that way?"

"Dr. Reid, are you asking me to move in with you?" Devyn's smile grows and she grabs Spencer's hands, ducking her head to meet his eyes.

"I'm asking you to stay moved in with me." Spencer nods, more confident now that he sees she likes the idea.

"Well I would say that's a great idea," Devyn leans forward to connect her lips with Spencer's and pulls back just enough to speak. "You sure?"

"Are you?"

"Definitely." Devyn nods and Spencer's the one to initiate the kiss this time.

"If you're in, I'm in." Devyn lets out a quiet squeal of excitement and wraps her arms around Spencer's neck, all but jumping into his lap.

Hours later while the couple is cleaning up from cooking lunch, a knock sounds at the door. Devyn and Spencer's eyebrows furrow and they turn to each other at the same time and shrug.

"I'll get it," She states and moves away quickly. She stops in front of the door and looks through the peephole, scoffing and shaking her head with a smile. "I knew it," She says as a greeting when she opens the door. "You're secretly in love with me."

Morgan's scoff is similar to her own and he also shakes his head. "Funny," He mumbles sarcastically but his smile shows that he truly is amused. "But these are for you." He holds out the flowers in his hand and Devyn takes them with raised eyebrows. She glances over her shoulder to Spencer who holds his hands up.

"I didn't say anything."

"He didn't have to," Morgan says and shoves his hands into his pockets. "He's not the only profiler in town."

"Hmm," Devyn hums and nods, looking between both men. "It's fine." She then moves to the side, allowing Derek entrance. "I'm gonna...put these in water." Gesturing towards the flowers, Devyn moves into the kitchen to find something to put them in. Spencer doesn't have a vase, so she settles on a large glass.

Spencer and Derek are talking amongst themselves when Devyn joins them again. She takes a deep breath when she reaches their sides. "Thank you for the flowers, Derek."

"That's about the extent to my knowledge on how to cheer up a woman," The older man jokes but turns a little more serious right after he does. "You gonna tell me what's been going on?"

Hesitating, Devyn looks up to Spencer and he gives her a small, supportive nod. Devyn nods back and sighs before turning back to Morgan. "My mother died."

"Dev," Derek says in surprise, looking to her like she'd lost her mind. "Why didn't you say anything?"

"Thought it'd be easier," She shrugs. "And it wasn't sudden. She'd been...sick for a while, so," Devyn shakes her hand and licks her lips. "You know, I was expecting it."