Light Of My Life

Thanks for reading and reviewing! This is a great chapter and I really hope you guys like it!

Words: 2,411

__________

A hand on her shoulder and a soft voice calling her name are what wakes Devyn. She groans and rolls over. "Go away," She grumbles into the pillow under her. It takes her a second to remember it's not her pillow. It's not her house she's in. Devyn sits up so suddenly, JJ quickly moves back so she's not hit.

"That's what I thought," JJ chuckles and picks up one of the pillows. "Come on, sleeping beauty," Throwing the pillow back at her, JJ moves back towards the door. "I made breakfast. I want you out of that bed and in the kitchen in three minutes or I'll drag you out myself."

"Yes, mom," Devyn mutters under her breath and pushes herself to her feet. She stretches her arms over her head, feeling the last bits of sleep leave her body. A small smile then spreads over her face. Today is her wedding day.

"There's the bride!" Emily greets happily when Devyn makes her way into the kitchen. Penelope beams at her from across the counter. "You're practically glowing."

"I have a rat's nest on my head," Devyn points to her messy bed head with an unimpressed look.

"Don't worry, we'll fix that before tonight," Penelope assures her with a pat on the shoulder.

"Speaking of, how do you feel?"

"About the wedding?" Devyn questions before taking a bite of her eggs and Emily nods. "No cold feet if that's what you're asking."

"Not what I meant," Emily chuckles and shakes her head. "But it's perfectly reasonable to be nervous."

"The only thing I'm nervous about is tripping while I'm walking down the aisle,"

"You're not wearing heels, I don't think you have anything to worry about," JJ comforts. "Okay, everyone, finish up, we have lots to do in the next few hours."

Devyn doesn't see the point but the other girls make her get her nails done. She's never actually gotten her nails done. It's nice. It's good to be pampered every once in awhile. Especially on your wedding day. She only hopes Spencer's having a good time doing...whatever it is that he's doing.

Next is hair and makeup. Devyn doesn't want much, she goes with a simple look both ways. Her hair falling in softs waves past her shoulders. But it's not until she's changed into her dress that it really hits her.

She remembers when she first met Spencer, the feeling she got in her gut. Butterflies. She's not sure she's stopped having them since they met but now it's like it's increased tenfold.

"Wow," Emily mumbles from behind her, her chin resting on Devyn's shoulder while they both look into the floor-length mirror. "Stunning."

"You look like a princess," Penelope says with an excited squeal.

"Thank you," Devyn blushes and picks at her nails. But JJ reaches forward to grab her hands.

"You're going to mess up the paint,"

"It's French tips, JJ, not sure how much you can mess that up,"

"Trust me, you can," JJ chuckles. "You just need to take the compliment and a deep breath."

"Right," Shaking her head with a smile, Devyn turns when she hears the door behind her opening.

"Alright girls, let's go make sure everything is ready," Emily directs the others out of the room. She smiles at Richard on the way out and closes the door behind her.