The Moon And The Stars

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Words: 1,621

____

Devyn doesn't tell Spencer. Not while he's away. She knows it'll only worry and distract him and maybe...maybe she wants more time before he knows. More time to pretend like it's not real. She does make a trip to his apartment to collect the few clothes she'd left there. She's not quite ready to go back to her own apartment just yet.

Work is the same, though Devyn finds herself looking over her shoulder near constantly. The looks from Richard don't go unnoticed by the young woman either. But she does talk to him. Not all the time, but sometimes. On the couch, while watching tv, she'll tell him little bits about...whatever. It makes her feel better.

When Spencer gets back from the team's latest case, instead of coming to his place, Devyn invites him to Richards. With the man's blessing, of course. It was actually his idea. It's odd at first for Devyn, almost like she's bringing her boyfriend over to meet her parents...but that's just ridiculous.

After telling Spencer the situation, he asks her to come home with him. To stay...indefinitely. Devyn accepts, of course she does. She hugs Richard goodbye, it takes the man a second to return it, still a little awkward with showing so much affection.

Spencer offers to take her to her place the next day to get some more of her things. She agrees. Despite not being overly joyed by him seeing her place, Devyn doesn't want to go alone and she only has so many things at his place.

Devyn's never been a big owner of things. Not even when she was a kid. She had the things she needed, sometimes not even that, and that habit followed her into adulthood. Everything she cares to take with her fits in a single suitcase.

Devyn's made it a point never to use Spencer's job connections for...anything. Not that she's ever needed to, but she promised herself that she never would. But when she runs into trouble while trying to get a restraining order against her father, he helps. She didn't even have to ask. She's only glad when she doesn't hear from the man.

But the stress starts to get to her. She knows it and Spencer can see it despite her attempts to hide it. When she's stressed, he's stressed, and then nobody is happy. And as always, Spencer is the one to solve the problem.

When Devyn gets back after her shift, it's to find Spencer packing.

"Um, okay..." She trails off, leaning against the doorframe to watch him. "Should I be worried?"

"Nope," Spencer shakes his head and smiles, stopping his movements to stand in front of her. his hands run down her arms until he grabs onto her hands and he brings them up to his lips. "We're going on a trip."

"We are?" She questions with a tilt of her head.

"Mh-hmm," Spencer hums. "I already cleared the time off with your supervisor."

"How do you know- You know, never mind," Devyn shakes her head and shrugs. "Where are we going?" Anywhere away from here sounds great to her.

"Vegas,"

Devyn gasps and follows behind him into the room. "Are you taking me to meet your mother?"

"Figured it was time," Spencer copies her earlier shrug and smiles down at her. "I told her we were coming already. She's excited to meet you. Though...she may have..."

"What?"

"Threatened you?" He says slowly, the words sounding like a question.

"Uh," Devyn chuckles despite herself. "How so?"