Water And Tears

Thanks for reading!

For those of you who have been waiting for more Richard and Devyn, here you go!

Words: 1,970

__________

"Mm, where you going?" Devyn mumbles, her voice clouded with sleep. She squints her eyes open to watch Spencer climb out of bed and open his closet.

"Got a case," He tells her from over his shoulder while pulling out an outfit for work.

"It's so early," Devyn grumbles and rolls onto her back, placing her arm over her eyes.

"Crime waits for no one," Spencer leans over the bed and places a kiss on Devyn's cheek before disappearing into the bathroom. Sighing loudly, Devyn sits up and rubs the sleep from her eyes before moving to find her shoes and day clothes.

"I'll drive you," Devyn says when Spencer returns, fully dressed for work.

"You don't have to," He shakes his head while tying his own shoes.

"I want to. And I'm awake now, I have a shift later, so," Shrugging, Devyn pulls Spencer to his feet before grabbing her bag and jacket. "We can grab breakfast on the way, you need to eat something more than coffee."

"You don't eat coffee, you drink it."

"Don't get smart with me," Devyn chides but she smiles over at him and opens the door, allowing him out first.

Pulling to a stop outside the FBI building, Devyn smiles sadly and leans towards Spencer as he does the same towards her, meeting in the middle for a kiss. "Text me, okay? Be safe. I'll see you when you get back."

"Already can't wait." Snorting, Devyn shakes her head before kissing him again. "Bye, love."

"I love you."

"Love you back," With one more kiss, Spencer climbs out of the car and rushes inside, leaving Devyn to drive back to her own apartment.

Having showered at Spencer's the night before, Devyn forgoes taking one now and instead takes her time getting ready for work.

"I swear on everything that has sugar in it, if you don't close your mouth while you eat," Devyn motions with her hands and gives Richard a pointed look. But the man only turns his face towards her while porously smacking louder. Groaning, Devyn hits her head on the seat behind her. "Very mature."

"Never claimed to be otherwise," Richard mumbles and throws another gummy bear into his mouth.

"Pft," Shaking her head at her partner, Devyn turns to look out the window until they get their next call. The rest of their shift goes exactly like that. Devyn being annoyed but secretly amused with Richard who tries to annoy her between either helping people or dealing with hypochondriacs.

By the end of the day, Devyn is exhausted. She tries again to turn on her dead phone for some stupid reason. She knows it's not going to work. She forgot to charge it the night before and after texting Spencer whenever she got that chance that day, it died.

Rolling her eyes to herself, Devyn pulls out the keys to her door but before she slides it into the lock, she freezes. Her building is far, far from being the Ritz. Or even a four-star hotel. Hell, even a three. But she's lived here long enough, opened her door too many times not to notice new scratch marks around the keyhole.

Glancing down each side of the hallway, Devyn finds it empty and slowly reaches out, her hand grasping the nob and she slowly twists it, pushing the door open. She never leaves her door unlocked.