Gun Point

Thanks for reading and reviewing!

Warnings for his chapter, I'm not a doctor.

And I hope you guys weren't to upset about the last cliff hanger because...well, you'll see.

Words: 1,392

__________

"Over here," Twitchy's friend - Red we'll call him because of the red bandana wrapped around his wrist - keeps his gun strongly pointed at Richard but he motions for both paramedics to move inside.

Devyn takes a white-knuckled grip on her medical bag and looks over at her partner. He shakes his head, silently telling her not to do anything stupid. Because he knows her, she's definitely thinking about it.

"What happened?" Devyn questions when she sees the body lying on the ground.

"What's it look like? He got shot," Twitchy says as if she should've already known, and if there wasn't a gun pointed at her, Devyn would've rolled her eyes. "Now fix 'em."

Devyn clenches her teeth and forces air out through her nose. "It's not that simple-"

"You better make it that simple or your friend here gets a bullet in the head!"

"Okay, okay," Devyn holds her hands up and glances towards an oddly silent Richard before turning towards her newest patient. She lowers herself onto her knees next to the half-conscious man.

Pulling out a tourniquet from her bag and slips it under his leg, tightening it a little ways above the wound. "The bullet is still in his leg, I can't take it out, he needs a hospital."

"No, no," Red shakes his head. "No can do. He can take it, just get it out and patch him up."

"It's not about whether he can take it or not," Devyn looks over her shoulder and between both men. "He's bleeding out. I'm not a doctor, I'm trained to keep someone alive until we can get them to one."

"Well you best learn quick because if he dies, you die," Twitchy shoves his gun in her face to enforce his words and Richard takes a step forward on instinct but he's held back.

"Not so fast," Red grabs his arm and holds him back. Though Richard may be bigger than him but he has a gun. Not exactly a fair fight.

"Let me help her," Richard growls but Twitchy shakes his head.

"No, she's got it," He gestures to Devyn who's now digging through her bag. "If he moves, shoot him." Red nods and Devyn glances back and Richard, eyes desperate.

"Just listen to them, kid."

"Yeah, now you're getting it," Twitchy says and Devyn forces her deep breath, ignoring the way her stomach turns when she grabs her trauma shears and cuts the pants around the gunshot before grabbing her tweezers.

Looking around, Devyn's eyes settle on her patient's belt and she reaches forward to unbuckle it. "What are you doing?" He pants, voice slurred.

"This is going to hurt, do you want to bite your tongue off?" That might be a little extreme but she's not exactly worried about scaring him right now. His buddies are threatening her and her friend right now, after all.

After settling the leather belt between the man's teeth, Devyn grabs a light and holds it between her teeth but the effort and angle make it too hard. Glaring over her shoulder, Devyn stares at Twitchy. "You want to get that damn gun out of my face and help me save your friend?"

"You better watch your mouth, lady," He snaps. "You're not in charge here."

"Obviously," She mumbles. "I can't see, I need someone to hold the light."