Hard Hit

Thanks so much for reading! Have a great day everyone! I love this chapter so much, it has great Richard and Devyn moments!

So any of those confused about these two relationship, it's purely platonic.

Please enjoy!

Words: 2,065

_______________

When Spencer walks into work late, he knows he's not going to live it down. His thoughts are only confirmed when he sees Morgan, JJ, Emily, and Garcia all standing together in the bullpen. He releases a deep sigh.

"Look who finally rolls in," Morgan announces very loudly to the room causing Reid to duck his head. "I'd ask how your night was, but I don't think I need to."

"Morgan-"

"No, I'm proud of you, kid."

"Are you done?" Spencer questions his friend while removing his messenger bag from his shoulder and placing it in his desk chair.

"Ignore him, tell us all about her," Penelope pushes Derek back, the man himself holding his hands up and moving away. "What's she's like? Are you two a couple? Is she nice? She better be nice and she better treat you right."

Spencer's eyebrows raise and his eyes widen. He looks from the colorful blonde and towards the woman standing behind her. They're smiling and shaking their heads, but looking just as interesting as Garcia.

"Yeah," He nods slowly, even his mind struggling to process Garcia's sudden word vomit. "She's nice." He smiles just at the thought of Devyn. 'Nice' doesn't seem like a strong enough word, if he's honest. He doesn't think, out of all the words he knows, there's one appropriate to describe her. Because Devyn Miller is the most amazing person I've ever met.

"Aww, he's blushing," Emily points to him and Spencer lowers his head again while all the women share smiles.

"Spence," JJ coos with a smile, her hands folded loosely in front of her.

"Okay, I need to meet this woman," Garcia declares before stopping suddenly. "Would it be totally wrong of me to look into her?"

"Yes," Spencer quickly says but he goes ignored.

"What's her full name?"

"Devyn Miller," Derek tells Penelope as a joke, he doesn't actually expect his friend to nod and start making her way back to her office. "Wait, baby girl!" He calls out at the same time Spencer shouts.

"Garcia, don't!"

********

"I think I might need my sunglasses," Richard grumbles while driving down the street. Devyn gives him a quizzical look. "Your cheeriness is so bright, it's giving me a headache."

"Um, thank you and I'm sorry?" The words come out sounding like a question. Devyn's eyebrows furrow but her smile quickly returns. Yes, she was very cheery today. But what can she say? She had a great birthday.

"I can't decide which is more annoying, your sullen silences or your happy rambling."

"Everything annoys you." Devyn points out and Richard doesn't argue. "Is having a good day suddenly a bad thing?"

"Nope," Richard shakes his head. "Just wondering what's caused your sudden shift in mood."

"I saw Spencer last night." Devyn admits and Richard grimaces.

"I don't want to hear details,"

Swatting his shoulder, Devyn scoffs with a smile. "Nothing happened. We saw a movie, he took me to get cake and..." She trails off, smiling when she thinks back to it. "We kissed."