"I Will Always Find You."

Thanks for reading!

Words: 1,231

_________

Groaning, Devyn shifts in her position lying on the floor, trying to relieve some of the pressure from her ribs. It's harder now, with her hands tied behind her back. A muffled whimper escapes her but she quiets herself quickly. Best not to make any sound.

Elias left only moments ago. She doesn't know if he's just outside the door or if he's gone from the building. But it doesn't matter, he'll be back.

She tries to stop it but Devyn can't help the tear that escapes her eye. Nor the ones that follow. It's stupid, crying right now. Breathing is already difficult , crying will only make it worse.

Spencer will come for her, she knows it. He'll always come for her. But that's not what she's worried about. She's worried he won't come in time. At first, she hadn't doubted but as the hours tick by and the cuts and bruises deepen, that doubt nearly as painful as the physical wounds wraps around her heart and squeeze.

Devyn thinks she dozes. The door to the little office room is suddenly swinging open, her mind even foggier than before. A hand grabs her arm and pulls her to her feet, ignoring her sharp cry of pain.

"Time to go, pumpkin," Elias's voice rings out in her ears. When Devyn gets her shaky legs under her, it only lasts a second before Elias is dragging her along.

Devyn thinks her concussion is worse than she'd initially thought. As she stumbles along next to her father, she swears she hears some undecipherable noise before voices. But that doesn't make sense, she and her father are the only ones here. Right?

More loud noises happen then. Shouting. Devyn feels herself being pulled back against something hard and strong. Breathing becomes near impossible when something wraps around her neck. Pain flares in her head when something hard and cold is shoved into her temple.

Colors. They blur around Devyn. Her eyes feel heavy, her body weighed down with exhaustion and pain. Then the next thing she knows is that she's on the ground, even louder noises leaving her ears ringing more than before.

More hands are on her then. Devyn tries to move away but the simple task is to difficult.

"Devyn?" Morgan calls softly to the young woman, his hands working to cut the ties from her wrists. He's not sure she can understand him but she stops trying to get away after he speaks.

Gently cupping her cheeks in his hands, Derek turns her to face him. Her eyes open a little then, showing her unfocused gaze staring back up at him. Concussed, no doubt, the agent thinks to himself as his thumb grazes the deep cut at her hairline.

"We've got you, you're going to be okay," He says even though he's sure she doesn't know what he's saying. But the whimper that escapes past her lips has him reassuring her still.

Ignoring the people around him, Morgan focuses completely on his friend. The medics are on their way, taking way too long for his liking. He wonders if anyone has called Spencer, told him that they found her. He needs to know so he can meet them at the hospital.

Devyn's chests starts to heave painfully when her breathing picks up. Her unfocused eyes widen and she looks around the abandoned office building in panic. "Devyn, Devyn, look at me," Derek tries but his words go unheard by the young woman in his arms. "It's okay, you're okay."

When nothing else seems to work, Derek does the only thing he can in the moment. He slides his arm under Devyn's knees and secures the one already under her shoulders and lifts her. He stands, his heartbreaking with every pained noise she makes. She's beyond injured, she'll only hurt herself more if she were to have a panic attack.

The EMT's arrive shortly after he's gotten her outside. They check her vitals while taking her from him, putting her onto the gurney, and loading her into the ambulance. With a quick shout, Morgan tells Hotch he's riding with her and climbs into the vehicle with them.

*******

The doctors tell him it's only a grade two concussion. Head injuries are always dangerous but Devyn never lost consciousness for more than a few moments at a time while she was with them. They do a bunch of tests, bandage, and stitch all of her wounds. Miraculously, she only has one cracked rib.

Morgan remembers hearing them say something about stress. That's why she was so out of it. Stress plus the concussion along with her other injuries. He thinks she was a little more than just stressed.

Spencer doesn't stop pacing. They assure the young man that his fiancé is fine, just getting fixed up before he can see her. It does nothing to abate his worries.

Then finally, the doctor approaches them. Everyone, the team, and Richard are on their feet the moment they see her. "Ms. Miller is doing fine," She informs the first and foremost. "She was a bit agitated so we gave her something non-narcotic to help her relax. She's resting now. You can all see her if you'd like."

Spencer is the first one in the room. No one in their right mind would've tried to get in his way. He's at Devyn's side in the blink of an eye, his only free hand gently cradling one of her own. Her wrists rubbed raw from the ties that bound them but they're not wrapped. He's careful not to touch the injured skin.

His gaze roams over her face. Shifting from the bandaged cut on her head to the black eye, the cut on her cheek, and her split lip. But the thing that has him closing his eyes, silent tears falling down his cheeks, are the bruises around her neck. He can't even begin to imagine the ones he can't see.

A hand lands on his shoulder and he blinks his eyes open, sniffing. He clears his throat and looks up at Morgan, nodding once. He wants to thank his friend but he's not sure he'd be able to speak if he tried.

Spencer knows his team, his family, cares deeply for him and even Devyn. But for some reason, he doesn't expect them all to find a seat somewhere in the room. He doesn't expect all of them to wait in silence with him.

Devyn's safe now, he knows that. Injured but she'll heal. They can go, they don't have to stay. But they're choosing to.

When Devyn starts to wake, they clear out. It wouldn't be good to overwhelm her. And though they know she'd be grateful for them staying, she'd hate for them to fret.

Spencer watches the heart rate monitor rise the more Devyn wakes up. He tightens his hold on her hand and brings it up to his chest, leaning forward. "Dev, it's okay. You're okay, it's me, Spencer."

"Spencer?" Devyn's voice is raspy and her eyebrows furrow when she whispers his name. She blinks her eyes open more and searches the room frantically before relaxing, her gaze landing back on him. "Spencer," She repeats. "I knew you'd find me."

Smiling through the tears stinging his eyes, Spencer nods and brings Devyn's hand up to his lips. "I'll always find you."

_________

1. Morgan to the rescue! I love that scene.
2. Poor Devyn though. Man, that's a lot to go through. But she's back now! Though injured and with lots of trauma to work through.

Thanks for reading! I hope you guys enjoyed and let me know what you think of this chapter!

__

'-'