71. "Just say the words"

"Babe," I dragged, checking the time on my watch

"Babe," I dragged, checking the time on my watch. Cassie has been in the bathroom forever, and I got dressed in thirty minutes. She had music playing, completely in the zone. "We're going to be late."

I brushed my hands against my black shoes that matched my ensemble. For Noah's birthday dinner, I decided to wear a black button-down with a few buttons undone, black fitting slacks, and my silver watch and chain.

Waiting for my slow-ass girlfriend, I leaned my elbows in my thighs, scrolling through my phone. I haven't been on my phone much this weekend, missing texts from my mom, dad, Charlie, and other irrelevant shit.

Almost ten minutes later, I darted my head toward the bathroom as I heard the door open. Once Cassie finally stepped out of the bathroom, my jaw immediately dropped. I knew my girlfriend was gorgeous, but shit. Her scent followed her as she stood in the doorway, wearing a ruched white long-sleeved crop top that tied at the front with a matching floor-length wrap-around skirt. There was a high slit that showed her long, tanned legs, gold jewelry, and her hair straightened. Now, I felt like a zero having to go to dinner with her, and she looks so fucking good.

I slowly stood up, studying her body. "Jesus."

She sucked in her bottom lip, pushing her hair to the back. "I'm sorry I took so long, but you look—" She stopped herself and shook her head with a glossy look in her eyes. "All I'm trying to say is that I'm a lucky girl."

"No, I'm the lucky one," I stepped toward her, massaging her shoulders as I stood in front of her. "You're so fucking beautiful."

I looked down at her, pushing my face closer to kiss her, but she stopped me with her finger. "Lipstick, baby."

I clicked my teeth, annoyed. "Fuck your lipstick. You can fix it."

As I tried walking away, Cassie yanked me by my arm, stood on her tip-toes, and pressed her glossy lips against mine. I pushed my hands into the arch of her back, feeling the warmth of her skin. With her hands around my neck, our lips smacked together as she lightly moaned into my mouth.

When she pulled away, I let my hands linger on her bare skin as she used her thumb to wipe her lipstick from my mouth. "Are you ready?" She asked.

I let go of her and nodded as she grabbed her purse. I held the door as she walked out ahead of me. From the address Brooke sent to the group chat, it wasn't far, but I don't know how long she's going to last in those heels. I watched her strut down the long hallway to the elevator, hypnotized.

"Did I tell you how good you looked tonight?" I asked, messing with her.

She quickly glanced at me after pressing the down button. "Do I not look good any other day?" Asked Cassie, swinging her purse.

"Definitely not when you wake up," I joked, watching her face curl.

"I hate you," She rolled her eyes, stepping onto the ride.