26. "Two kids on an adventure"

I woke up out of a deep sleep, hearing my phone ring

I woke up out of a deep sleep, hearing my phone ring. Without opening my eyes, I patted my hand along my nightstand, hoping it would stop. But it didn't.

As it rang again, I groaned, peeling my eyes open to grab my phone. It was fucking Gael.

When I answered, he said, "Cassie, get your ass up."

I laid my head back on the pillow and closed my eyes. "No. Leave me alone. Call back later, you moron." I exclaimed.

I couldn't see his face because my hair fanned over mine. I didn't care. I probably looked like death because that's what I felt like. "Don't make me get up and carry you outta' bed." He said in a deep, alarming tone.

With an obnoxious 'I'm over this' sigh, I said, "You wouldn't dare."

"I like dares, don't try me."

Without thinking, I said, "Gael, if you come into my apartment....I'm going to punch you in the throat."

It took him a while to reply. "Oh, shit. You hung my picture on the wall? That's sexy if you ask me."

My jaw dropped to the ground. I breathed out in anger. "Gael, get the fuck out! I'm not playing with you."

"Good. I don't like to be played with," He strolled around my apartment as he owned it.

"Get up!"

Growing annoyed at his snarky comments, I threw my phone on the bed and jumped up. I grabbed a pillow and jogged towards the banister. I tossed the pillow, aiming for his head but missed.

"Oh, that's how you want to play?" He asked.

I pushed my hair back and annoyingly rolled my eyes. Luckily, I decided to wear a loose shirt instead of my bra and panties, knowing he would just come right in. I have to get my lock checked because one second the lock works, and the next it doesn't.

I gripped the rail and snarled. "Ever heard of privacy. I could call the cops."

"You would've done that by now." He sucked his teeth and plopped on the sofa. "I meant to tell you this a few nights ago, but your place looks nice. I'm just going to sit right here and wait for your slow ass. You know how long this drive is, right?" Is it Sunday already?

Oops. I forgot. "So, go to your apartment and wait until I get ready. It won't be long." I exclaimed.

"Women always say that. I'm not moving, sweetheart. You have twenty minutes."

I stomped my foot like a child. "God, you annoy me. Stay here and don't move."

"Eh, I don't do well with rules." He said.

As I turned around, I said, "In my place, you do."

I closed and locked my bedroom door and went straight for the shower. I did my regular hygiene routine, just sped up. I didn't wash my hair, saving it for when I shower tonight. When I got out, I kept my towel around my body and brushed my hair in a ponytail to braid. Then I moisturized my skin before putting on a sports bra, leggings, and a jacket. I grabbed an old bookbag from my closet to pack sunscreen, bathing suits, and other necessary travel accessories.