27. "Third times a charm"

(Mature Content)

(Mature Content)

"Thanks, Bro," I said to the male clerk as I grabbed the hotel keys. Cassie stood behind me, still pissed that I didn't let her help me pay for the room. And she also had an attitude from me telling her about herself, coming onto me.

The room wasn't expensive, and we were only staying for a couple of hours—not even a full day. I had my foot in my mouth since the cemetery that I thought she'd like—my mistake.

The receptionist reminded me of checkout at eleven, breakfast in the morning, and other amenities the hotel offers.

When we got to the elevator, we quietly waited for the doors to open.

When they did, I let her go first before I pressed the second floor. "Stop acting like that." I leaned against the metal frame, looking her in her eyes.

"Like what?" She asked as I sighed.

"Quiet and pissed at me," I replied to her as the elevator opened to let us off.

I searched for our room as she said, "Do you want to know what I have to say?" Cassie said blankly, walking alongside me.

I'm probably going to regret this. "I'm sure you're going to tell me anyway."

When we got to the door, she turned and faced me. "You ready for this? You might get mad."

"What is it?"

She snatched the keycard from my hand and said, "I got dibs on the shower first."

I laughed through my nose as my face turned up. "How old are you again?"

Cassie excitedly pushed through the door, flicking the light on the wall. The room was bare; white walls, a single queen bed, a TV, and a couch. But there was a floor to ceiling window with a nice view of the beach. As Cassie turned around, I know what the look she gave me meant. "It was the only room they had left. Chill." I muttered.

"Thank you. I would've helped pay if you weren't so stubborn." I didn't expect that reply, but I'll take it.

As I set my bag on the table, I said, "You know what? You keep calling me the annoying one, but I think you stole the title."

"Oh, tell it to someone who cares," She said after peaking at the view, grabbing her bang, and locking herself in the bathroom. "I'm taking a shower. Don't bother me."

While she did her thing, I sat in the chair next to my bag and pulled out my camera to check out the pictures I took throughout the day. I wasn't expecting the suspension bridge to be as nice, but it was a cool experience. There's a shit ton of places I've never been to on this side that I'll check out at some point.

I scrolled through the photos, listening to the shower water run. Some of the images could've been better, but the bridge kept moving, and it was hard to focus. Picking up the speed, I clicked through the pictures, skipping past Cassies before going back. I studied the image, realizing it was a good shot of her.