67. "Blanks"

It was early, around eleven, when I woke up to the smell of bacon filling my bedroom

It was early, around eleven, when I woke up to the smell of bacon filling my bedroom. Instinctively, I patted the right side of the bed for Cassie, but I knew she was cooking. That's my girl.

I didn't ask her to, but that's the kind of person she is. I like her drive, how much she cares about other people, and trying so hard to be the best version of herself, but she doesn't need to. She may think that she doesn't have a lot, but she has more depth than anyone I've ever met. And she's tenacious and strong, two qualities I love in a woman.

I slowly pushed myself out of bed, sitting on the edge to wake myself up. Cassie and I stayed up late as hell last night, talking about nothing that mattered. We joked, ordered fucking pizza at two in the morning, and watched stand-up comedy.

When I finally got up, I flexed, cracking my neck, and headed to the bathroom to pee and brush my teeth. When I finished, I stepped out of the room and headed downstairs. I ran my hands down my bare chest, hearing the soft music she had playing while cooking.

I take it as if she didn't hear me come down the steps because she had her back toward me, swaying her hips as she rotated the bacon. I noticed she still felt comfortable in my clothes, wearing my boxers and high school graduate t-shirt with her hair in a loose curly bun. I have said this before, and I will continue to, but damn she's beautiful. Even when she wakes up, bare-faced and hair falling in every direction. I thought I wouldn't last with this relationship thing, but I can get used to us, how we are together.

"Smells good in here," I said through a yawn as Cassie jumped, turning to face me. I sent her a sleepy smile, watching her grin, excited to see me awake.

She pushed the fallen strands away from her face and said, "I hope bacon is okay?" I wasn't the biggest fan of breakfast, but I'd take bacon for days. And she seems to know me pretty well.

"What kind of question is that?" I asked, raising my eyebrow before sitting on a stool at my bar. I signaled my finger for her to come to me, but she continued plating breakfast.

"An obvious one," She toned, setting both plates on the counter. "Good morning, sleepyhead."

"Good morning, baby," I replied, keeping my eyes on her. The smile on her face when I called her baby was cute, her face flushed with redness.

Cassie bit a piece of bacon before lifting herself on my lap and dangling her long legs over mine. She wrapped her arms around my neck and tangled her fingers in the nape of my head.

After kissing all over my face and pecking my lips, she said, "Looks like you slept good, yeah?"

"Eh, you have a habit of taking up the whole bed. Gotta make you start sleeping on the floor." I said, playfully flicking the bridge of her nose.

Just like that, she swung off my lap and gasped. "Shut up! I take most of the covers, and you're all over the place. Don't blame this on me." I listened to her crunch on another slice and grabbed her ass as she walked away.