Part 22

[A few days later]

Betty pov

Jughead stumbled in from the front door muttering apologies for being home so late.

J-"M'sorry, it ran late, I'm here!"

He yelled after the front door had closed behind him. His eyes caught mine from where I was sitting on the couch with my legs up and a glass of wine in my hand.

Which I had taken just after putting Jake to sleep in his own room. J-"hi," he smiled and his face softened, soon enough he threw his things away and sat down with me. J-"I'm sorry baby," He apologized, B-"There's left over in the fridge for you," I told him, sipping my glass.

J-"oh right, thank you..." He thanked me, J-"how do I make it up to you?" I signed and turned to him, laying my head on his shoulder. He quickly brought his arms around me.

J-"You know I'm sorry, I didn't mean for it to be so late... I know you hate that I work so much when you just are at home."

He mumbled into my hair where his head laid, B-"yeah... you have the weekend off right, like you told me last week." I asked, sounding a little too hopeful. J-"yes just like I promised, it's just the three of us this weekend and no working, I promise." He promised, B-"okay good, thank you," I pulled away from his shoulder and smiled at him.

J-"I'm sorry," he whispered, bringing his hand to my cheeks. B-"it's okay juggie, I know you try to do your best at work and at home. But please.. don't stress yourself out too much." I let my worry fill the room for a while, letting him know he needs to slow down.

J-"I won't."he assured me in a quiet voice.

His hands stay put on my face and bring me close, to close the awful annoying distance between our lips. He pulled back after a long minute, J-"I love you," he whispered. B-"I know.." I whispered back, he pulled a few inches more back so he could look at me, giving me a rather serious look.

B-"I love you," I chuckled at him, B-"that's the answer you wanted?" I asked stupidly, J-"uh-huh," he mumbled and leaned forward to kiss me. B-"you..." I stop and before I can speak he beats me to it. J-"I'm?" He questioned.

B-"you okay?" I asked and cupped his face with my cold hands, trying to make him comfortable and actually answer my question honestly.

J-"oh um.." he looks down to his hand on my legs and looks back up. J-"yes? Notings wrong, I think.. Just missed you and Jake and-" I cut him off by kissing him, only because I share his feelings. We missed him too, you could think that we didn't just say goodbye to him 8 hours ago. And it's strange that we are sitting here talking about the fact that we missed each other. But things have been weird lately...Jug's been distant so I wanted to check up on him.

J-"and I'm sorry," he said once I pulled back and a few seconds had gone by with his eyes locked on mine. I nodded still looking at him, J-"You already know that, but I feel bad.." I pulled myself into him, hugging him to me.

B-"I do know that and stop beating yourself up about it. I told you it's okay," I told him, he lifted my leg up so I sat on his lap facing him, my knees on either side of his hips.

J-"pinky promise?" He asked quickly, wrapping his arms tight around my waist, trying to pull me closer which was impossible, unless we wanted to literally blend into each other. Honestly we might as well at this point.  B-"pinky promise," I agreed , he again tried to pull me closer, causing me to laugh, throwing my head back soon to feel his lips hooked onto the left of my neck as I brought my head back, his lips found their way to mine.

Jughead pov
J-"Betty," I mumbled against her lips, causing her to pull back slightly. B-"hm?" J-"I get a serious- motabally actually, flashback of us making out like this on your parents couch, when they weren't home." I whispered, B-"oh my god, you're so right," she laughed, J-"makes me feel like a horny teenager again... I like it," I kept rambling on before we were back at it. It didn't last as long as we may have thought, before I decided I couldn't take it anymore. I lifted both of us of the couch, stumbling up the stairs to the bedroom.

[The next day]

I woke up to the sunlight from outside, finding Betty gone from my side. I roll over to look at my phone seeing the time just turned 10 am. I roll on my back again, laying there for a while wondering where Betty is. Soon enough she walks into the room with Jake on her hip, in my boxers and one of my t-shirts. Which reminds me of the old times where she would stay over and claim my boxers as her shorts for the day, and walk around my parents' old house in them when they weren't home.

Ja-"dada," Jake was the first one to say something, making me smile wide. I sat up and reached out for him. Betty handed him to me and crawled back in bed as well. J-"good morning buddy," I smiled at him laying down again with him laying in between us, Betty placed a kiss on his cheek making him look at her.

J-"Come on Jake, you can say mom too, I've heard it before." I told him, Ja-"mommy," He said almost making it sound like a question.

J-"good job bub," I chuckled and Betty leaned over to kiss me quickly. B-"I can't believe he already knows three words. He's only a year and a few weeks old." She said, J-"yeah I know- wait, three what's the third?" I was confused since I've only heard two of them then. B-"you haven't heard him say cake? Jug I swear it's all he rambles about." I couldn't help but laughed at it. Of course my son's favorite word had to be Cake.. I'm not surprised not even the slightest.