36

[ third person's ]

Rukawa, and the other players, together with the coach, woke up for an early jog except for you and Ayako. When Rukawa and the boys left the inn, you're still sleeping soundly. And Ayako is already awake preparing a little breakfast and ordering something at a restaurant near the inn. You woke up, with tears glistening in your eyelids. You didn't even have a peaceful sleep, all that's in your mind is Rukawa, Rukawa, Rukawa.

But aside from that, you couldn't help but get worried for the team's first game today. Especially, you are fully aware of how Toyotama works, and how physical their games are.

You knew Minami since grade school, and you know his reasons and influences. But after hearing a lot about him, it seems like he changed and he wasn't the Minami you knew. It's not a big deal for someone, since change is constant as the way they say it.

But of course, you knew Minami didn't change for something that will benefit him. Maybe it all started when Jiei-sensei left Toyotama.

"L/N-san! I'm glad you're finally awake." Ayako greeted you, as you got out of the room with your hair being wrapped around a white towel. "Ah, I see. Anyway! Since you're finally awake, I want to ask something."

Upon seeing Ayako's teasing smile, you sighed shaking your head. "I feel like it's something that won't benefit me, but sure go ahead." You said making her laugh in unison.

"Oh, well..." Ayako cooed. "Earlier this morning, Anzai-sensei and I have come to talk to each other with something... let's just say it's vulnerable." She chuckled. You noticed that she's been preparing for breakfast sets up the table, so you went closer and help Ayako.

"Thank you." She smiled. "Anzai-sensei told me about Jiei-sensei who just quitted the university and just decided to work as a middle school coach."

"I've heard quite about it," you nod your head. "Jiei-sensei is one of Minami's influencers. But what about it, Ayako-san?"

"Well the thing here, is the two of them agreed to meet each other after the game, no matter what the result is. And Anzai-sensei asks me I can come with him, and I immediately agree with it."

Oh, "So... I will be left alone here with the boys?" You asked and Ayako replies with a simple nod. "I'm also assured it's going to be fine since Akagi-san will be here."

"Ah, thank God. I mean, I just don't really want Anzai-sensei to go alone by himself too. So that's why, and I trust you." She smirks. "I finally have someone who'll replace me after I graduate!"

You scowled. "Don't make it too soon, I might miss you and the other third years." You complained.

"Well, that's how things are meant to be!" Ayako laughs, patting your head.

For you,  it's really sad when the third year starts to talk about their graduation, and this would be their last year in high school. You felt happy, that for Ayako you are someone reliable. At the same time, sad, because the team would still function even without them, but it will never be the same.

After helping Ayako on setting the table for breakfast, you went back inside your room to change and prepare for today's match. Last night, you were able to check their condition and you'll do it again this morning, to be assured of their health before playing.