one

Chapter 1 : edited 2nd of November, 2021.

"You're going to the rooftop for lunch again, L/N-san?" Akari, one of Y/N's classmates asks her. She nodded hesitantly, picking up her white tote bag that had her lunch inside. "Ah! Of course, you are!" Akari added.

"You don't really like socializing, huh?"

You don't like nor hate it. Having friends must be fun. That's your observations. Seeing your classmates with their group of friends hanging out in the cafeteria. Doing crazy things together, breaking the rules, and spending their youth in amusement.

If you weren't just under pressure, you would love to go on your merry way and socialize too.

You nodded weakly. "It's a distraction," you said, shrugging your shoulders.

"But you're friends with Akagi-san." Akari pointed out, pouting.

Akagi Takenori, from the third-year wing. You guys are friends because of his academic skills. He's not that smart nor too bright to be seen, but you admired him for being responsible. For setting his goals and priorities. He must have known what he really wanted. You looked up to him as if he's your older brother.

Just like him, you already know what you want to do in your life. You've been aiming to study medicine at one of the top college universities in Tokyo. At a very young age, you've been aware of the minor and major injuries. You were sometimes appointed to help the school's clinic, and had no choice but to do it since you're actually enjoying it.

And you've been amused at how he handles his things too. Aside from being good when it comes to his academics, he's also the captain of Shohoku's basketball team.

By just looking at him, you can already sense the leadership from him.

You let out a small chuckle. "Well, that's because he set his priorities straight. I don't want to befriend or be involved with someone who'll start to influence me. Aside from studying, I'll go now Akari-san."

"O-Okay! Eat well, L/N-san!"

Isolating yourself from crowds and a lot of people is helpful for you to focus on your studies. Avoiding distractions and infatuation while you're still young would not make you regret it in the future. That's what your parents always say.

You weren't that dumb nor stupid to think that what they said is true. You just believed that for now, you have to follow them for your future.

You went to the building's rooftop. Most of the students in Shohoku always tend to eat their lunch in the cafeteria or even in the hallways. In the huge fields, and some are in their classrooms. But you preferred the rooftop, where you can be alone all the time. In fact, it is also a place where you can see the whole school.

A place to breathe without hesitating.

You walked towards an old desk with its old seat, as you placed your tote bag, arranging the lunch you made this morning. You took a deep breath before opening your lunch box.

"Itadakimasu," you whispered.

You were about to take your first bite when you heard a yawn behind you. Your eyes widened and your hands trembled a bit, lowering your gaze, you turned your back from your food as you faced the one who made the sound. Your lips parted as you saw an unfamiliar male student, sitting now, and he looked like he just woke up. You sat there frozen, you didn't even notice him when you entered the rooftop!

Meanwhile, from Rukawa's point of view, he shut his eyes for a second before opening them once again, now it gives him a clearer sight of the person who woke him up from his dear sleep. It looks like the [H/C] girl froze on her spot upon seeing him.

"What?" He urged to ask because the sight of you staring intensely slowly bothered him.

When you came back into your senses, you had noticed that he's actually a first-year even with the height he has. It's already obvious that he's tall by just looking at how long his legs are. Looking back at the black-haired guy, you swallowed hard like there's a lump inside of your throat.

"What are you doing in the second-year wing?" you asked, keeping yourself calm. For a first-year, he is really looking scary like he's a third-year already.

Waking up from a deep sleep, Rukawa didn't even know what he was doing in the second-year wing. Little did you know that you're lucky, if you're a guy Rukawa must beat you up already. He stood up from sitting as he walked away from you. You were there, still frozen. Just because he is really rude!

He didn't even talk. He just muttered one word before leaving the roof. You sighed, gazing at your packed lunch. He's weird. For the remaining time you had after lunch, you went to your clubroom as you searched for some paper work to do. You're in the voluntary club, where you usually attend for help. Last time you became a volunteer in the library.

"Y/N-san! Thank God!" One of your clubmates approached you while you're busy looking at the bulletin board.

"Kimura-san. Why?" You asked.

"I was actually looking for you!" Your clubmate exclaimed.