ten

Chapter 10 : edited 3rd of November, 2021.

The match starts with; Ryouta, Sakuragi, Mitsui, and Rukawa left on the bench with you as Anzai-sensei punished them for being bench players because of the trouble they caused. Sakuragi with no harm kept on pinching Anzai-sensei's chin as he tried his best to convince him that he was needed in the game. While the three are all frustrated.

Mitsui silently accepted his punishment. While Ryouta and Rukawa were bored watching the other players on the court.

"Don't be so upset about it. You are all at fault anyways," you said before focusing your attention again on the match. It's a help that without the four-star players of Shohoku against Miuradai, their reliable Captain; Akagi Takenori is there to maintain the momentum of the game.

"We know that, (l/n)-san." Ryouta sighed, receiving a hit from Ayako using a fan. You chuckled when Ryouta yelled, but then stopped from complaining since it's Ayako who hit him. It's very obvious that the brunette likes Ayako.

"Then stop sulking and cheer for your teammates instead!"

Everything came at a fast pace as the lead of Miuradai against Shohoku became bigger. Sakuragi who was sitting beside Anzai-sensei keeps on getting furious and anxious at the same time. Rukawa's on your left and Anzai-sensei is on your right.

"Sensei, don't you think it's time for them to finally enter the game?" You leaned to Anzai-sensei while whispering your suggestion.

"You think, so? (l/n)?"

You nodded with a thin smile.

"I think the team would immediately catch up with Mitsui's outside shooting skills, Rukawa's drives, and Ryouta's quick plays. And Akagi-san would be able to take a rest with Sakuragi-kun in the game. Dominating the rebounds," you explained.

You said those things as if it was already normal and you've been knowledgeable enough. Because that's what you noticed while watching them play in practice these past few days. Mitsui's outside shooting skills are still there just like in Junior High. But then you also noticed that he's sometimes at his limit and he shouldn't force himself. That's why you ask him if he has enough rest.

Rukawa's fast drives and his shooting skills would also be helpful. He's the prodigy himself. In practice, you would always focus on how fast his drives were. And how useful it could be to fool another. In every game, even in a practice game, he's always playing like he's aiming for something.

Ryouta, just like Rukawa, has his share of fast or quick drives. The only difference is he's faster than Rukawa, most of the time he would get complimented because of how fast he is inside. And he's the most trustworthy to assist you in every play.

Sakuragi. And of course the self-proclaimed; soon to be captain. That's what he told himself as Sakuragi's imagination ran wild. With fantasies of being with Akagi's sister, Haruko. The one who introduced him to this basketball. He's the best inside for dominating rebounds aside from Akagi, he would always take rebounds as a challenge between him and the current captain.

His weakness; were probably outside shots. But he could pull off a death dunk if he's in a good mood.

"Well then," you were shocked when Anzai-sensei called for substitution. You didn't even think that he would take your suggestion seriously. But it looks like he has the intention of letting the four finally play in the game before you even suggested it.

"Finally!" Sakuragi yelled.

Rukawa beside you took off his jacket and put it on the bench. He fixes his black band on his left arm, he stretches his arms a bit, making his fangirls scream in unison.

"Rukawa! Rukawa! L-O-V-E, Rukawa!"

You cringed, making Ayako laugh in your reaction. It seems like Rukawa is really popular when it comes to girls and you were so unaware of it. By looking at the bleachers, you saw a familiar brunette girl silently cheering for Shohoku.

"Ayako-san, do you know her? She seems familiar." You asked secretly, pointing at the brunette.

"Oh! That's Haruko, you don't remember her? She's Akagi-san's sister."

"Akagi-san, has a sister?" You asked out of nowhere.

"Eh!? So you don't know?"

You suddenly remember a single image of a female brunette handing you her handkerchief.

Oh, that's right. She was there. Akagi Haruko. You sighed to yourself as you realized that you should start paying attention and stop being unaware of things or people surrounding you.

"I thought, I know Akagi-san well. But I didn't actually know that he has a sister," you replied to Ayako making her laugh in unison.

Her hand went on the top of your head. "It's alright, you'll survive." She said slowly patting your head; doting on you.