22

[ third person's ]

"Your answer... it's not even related to the question." You sighed after looking at Rukawa, who's currently playing with his pen right now. He wouldn't know it since he always sleeps in class. Honestly, you're not that surprised anymore.

Kogure's focus was on Mitsui. Akagi assigned you with Rukawa since lately the two of you had been talking around more than usual. It seems like the rookie grew fond of your presence already, and you might be a huge help for his case. While he takes charge of Sakuragi. Ayako focuses on Miyagi, showering him compliments.

"Wow, I don't even think you can answer this. Nice one, Ryouta!"

"Hehe. I only did it this time because of you, Ayako." Miyagi reply making you snickered beside Rukawa.

"Simp." You heard from the two; Sakuragi and Mitsui.

You turn your gaze at Rukawa, as you grab his pen to catch his attention. His eyes were bored, but by the time they met yours, it glistened with something unknown that you have felt before.

"Listen here, Rukawa. Let me repeat the question, so you can answer it correctly this time." You said flipping the page of the textbook again, explaining each word of the sentence repeating the question, Rukawa nods his head as he followed your direction.

Sakuragi pouted. "Why can't you be like F/N-chan, Gori."

Mitsui sighed, looking at you and Rukawa. "Well, at least Kogure's gentle with me."

You ignored their whispers, and focus on Rukawa. "Did you finally get it this time?" You asked. When Rukawa nodded, you gave him his pen back. "Okay. Answer it again."

He yawned, slightly covering his face as he read the question in his mind again. It wouldn't hurt to admit that he understands things easier with you explaining it, rather than listening to a boring teacher in class. He's sleepy, but a part of him doesn't want you mad at him.

You smiled seeing Rukawa holding back himself and not letting him doze off to sleep. It seems like he's really trying to do it.

"If you're this persistent, you'll pass and proceed to inter-high easily." You stated, but you stopped yourself from saying more to avoid Rukawa being distracted, since he has a tiny span of attention you noticed that he gets distracted easily.

"Gori!" Sakuragi called on the verge of crying. "Can't we take a break!?"

Akagi on the telephone ignored Sakuragi. "Mitsui, this call is for you."

"Hi! Sakuragi-kun, I brought snacks."

Suddenly Haruko the brunette female, Akagi's sister has entered the room with a tray of snacks in her hands. Sakuragi's face lit up with her presence.

"Ha... Haruko!"

You didn't notice that you were distracted by it, you felt Rukawa poking you as he handed you his pen.

He looked up to you because you were currently leaning on a wooden desk. "I think I answered it right this time. Can I take a break while you check?" He spoke softly.

Why must he use that tone? You nodded at him, looking back at Haruko. "Do you want something? I'll get it from there." You said pointing to the tray, Haruko shyly waved a hand at you, making you smile and nodded.