42

[ third person's ]

***

"It's not loving? What do you mean by that?" f/n's brows furrowed as she squinted her eyes in front of Rika.

Rika was the second-year girl who confessed to her a few weeks ago. Eventually, they became friends. Not that close though. The team goes for a training camp with the other schools, and unfortunately, she can't go with them because she had to attend her cram school. The winter season is coming anytime. And she's hoping to be with Rukawa at the first snow. But it seems impossible now.

"You know, L/N-san. Sometimes we mistake infatuation for love. I know you're not that dense, and I know that you're aware of what infatuation means." Rika replied, taking a sip from her drink. When Rika saw the uneasy expression on your face she immediately apologizes.

"Sorry! It's just my thoughts. I don't want to be the one who'll break the two of you. Even though I like you, I will never do desperate things."

f/n chuckled. "I'm sure. But no need to apologize, I think I also need to seek people's advice about this. This is my first time and I have no idea about relationships. These past few weeks, I was just anxious since I felt like we're not making any progress as partners." She sighed.

"It's not like I'm really rushing things, tho."

"Your boyfriend, Rukawa-san is not that type to express how he feels through words. I'm sure by yourself, you already knew that. But time will really come and you're going to feel that you need those words too. Anyway, did he even told you that he loves you? I mean, like I love yous?"

Your eyes widened with the realization. Neither the two of you have said it.

"No..."

Rika smiled before sighing. "That's fine, L/N-san. In fact, you two just started dating, you don't need to have doubts about it. I'm sure Rukawa-san is not the type to even risk it if he wasn't sure about you. Hell, he's not even interested in anything else than you and basketball. You don't need to worry." Rika chuckled tapping your shoulder.

"You're right." You smiled. "Thank you, Rika-san."

"No worries! I'm glad I can help!"

Shohoku will be on the training camp for a week, and on their first day, it was also your first day on cram school. Since the school had a winter break, you took the chance to attend your scram school, just like the usual on your winter break. With a scarf wrapped around your neck, you took a deep breath and sighed. Upon seeing a familiar face, your eyes slightly widened.

"Oh. Aren't you Shohoku's manager?" Kenji Fujima all of a sudden approached you with a question. He's wearing his casual clothes outside the school. With a trench coat.

"I am." You smiled.

"You're not with them for the camp? I kinda heard of it." He asked as he walks with you inside the building.

"Nah. I'm doing scram school for my winter break. Sadly," you chuckled. "You're also here for it, right? Well, you actually looked like someone who attends cram school." You added.

"Wow, judging me like that." Fujima replied chuckling to himself. "How's the red hair? I've watched your games. Too bad," he massages the bridge of his nose.