25

[ yn's pov ]

The next day, Akagi-san with Anzai-sensei has finally announced that the team will be having a practice match against Shoyo and Ryonan. It looks like all of them are determined to win. And this would be my first time, to watch them play against Ryonan. I know some players at Shoyo, but I'm sure none of them know me. At the very least, I found out from Kogure-san that Ryonan's captain is actually a rival of Akagi-san.

"L/N-san!" Ayako-san greeted me. It has been two months since I became the club's medical-based manager, and after my class in the morning, it would always be a routine for me to go to the clubroom for some works and to help Ayako-san.

The school head didn't declare if I am really a part of the basketball club now. He didn't also declare that I am no longer part of the voluntary club.

"Good morning, Ayako-san. What's up?" I casually asked before sitting on a swivel chair beside her table here in the clubroom.

"I just want to say that your jacket is on the way!" She chuckled. "It would be easy for them since they already know Rukawa's size. Anyway, I want to ask you something... because Ryouta can't keep his mouth shut and he actually told me things that happened yesterday."

I sighed before letting out a chuckle. "Sure he can't, especially towards you."

"Let's not talk about that, so you guys met Sendoh yesterday, right? And you'll, unfortunately, meet him for tomorrow's practice match. Can you tell me things about the bet you made against him?"

"It's simple." I clasped my hands together. "If Shohoku lost, he would take me on a date. And if Shohoku wins, he would stop bothering me. I was about to disagree with his bet but he told me that he'd still pursue me if I don't agree with it." I took a deep breath before letting out a sigh again.

"Oh? What's so bad about taking the risk?"

"That's what he exactly said." I simply, lean on the swivel chair.

"But you know what, L/N-san. Why don't you give him a chance? I mean, did you even read the letter he gave you? You don't know what will happen unless you give it a way or a chance. Right?"

"A chance? For Sendoh? We barely knew each other. And it would be unfair for me if he knew me already and I don't. And about the letter, good thing you reminded me."

Ayako-san has gathered her hair on her right shoulder before tapping mine and smiling at me. "Giving him a chance would make you know him better."

"Honestly..." I blew a fuse. "I don't really have plans of having a distraction. I don't have plans of dating someone at all. And I don't think my parents would react dreamily about it. I'm sure they won't."

I saw Ayako-san nodded. "Right. Okay, how about Rukawa then?" Suddenly her lips form into a ghost of a smirk, making me roll my eyes a bit.

Before I even reply, Ayako-san has shown an expression like she's fully listening to it. Making me laughs a little. "Rukawa is someone I've gotten myself attached to. I don't think he's the kind of person that considers such things. I mean, he's cold and very preserved. Although, sometimes he confuses me, of it would be clear at the end."

"The rookie confuses you?"

"Ayako-san, I'm a girl. I don't know. If he's showing motives or anything. I felt something different. Everything is different around Rukawa. To tell you about it, I didn't even feel this around Mitsui back then. That's why things had made me so confused."