John B- "Jesus we leave you alone for ten minutes

Description: John B and JJ get in a fight with Rafe and his friends and you try to smooth everything over.
Warnings: probably swearing, not much.

•••••

I lay on the couch on John B's porch, my eyes scanning down the page I was reading as I waited for the others to turn up. I had messaged the group multiple times and had not gotten a reply from any of them. I couldn't help but let my mind wonder about all the trouble they could have gotten themselves into, especially John B and JJ. Neither of them was good at keeping themselves out of it.  I shook my head in an attempt to try and get rid of the thought of them being in the back of a cop car.  John B was already on thin ice, one slip up and he'd be sent to live with a foster family. I couldn't have that. Sadness overtook me as I forced myself to concentrate back on the book, the words all forming into one. I placed the book on my stomach as I reached for my phone sending yet another text to each one and the group chat. I anxiously waited for the message to be seen, to see the three dots and a message back but there was nothing.  I placed my phone to the side and picked the book up, even though I knew I wasn't going to be able to read it.  I started from the top again each time I looked over at my phone. Can someone just message me back. Before I could look back at the book I heard four voices. I quickly shut the book and sat up looking towards the porch door waiting to see their faces. The first person to come into my sight was John B, his hair a mess, with a clenched jaw, his arms at his side his fists also clenched, his knuckles white. Followed behind him was JJ wearing the same look, his top ripped at the collar. Kiara and Pope walked in behind. Before I could call out to the group John B spoke turning to look at JJ.

"We're going to get our asses kicked" John B fumed, his jaw unclenching then clenching. What the hell have they gotten themselves into. I watched as JJ walked to the other boy placing his hands on his shoulder.
"No, you're going to get your ass kicked. I can hold my own." JJ joked, John B not finding it amusing at all. John B grabbed JJs arm pushing it off his shoulder walking away from him, JJ looked back at Kiara and Pope who both wore sullen expressions. Silence had fallen over the group, the only sound was of John B's deep breathing as he tried to calm himself down. I placed the book down on the sofa finally speaking.
"Is someone going to tell me what the hell happened?" I questioned going from Kiara to Pope then JJ finally stopping at John B.
"Why don't you ask JJ" John B pointed to the blonde, JJ's expression stolid. I sat waiting for him to respond.
"Fine" but it was JJ's voice that spoke but John B's. "We were walking back when we ran into Kelce, Kelce muttered something under his breath and JJ decided to punch him." I looked from John B to JJ, gone was the stolid expression and instead replaced with shame. "Not even five seconds after did Topper, Rafe and Barry turn up, I was able to pull JJ away after Rafe punched him-"
"It was a cheap shot" JJ muttered to himself just loud enough for us to hear, I shook my head to look back at John B who was also shaking his head at JJ's comment.
"They said next time we see them they'll make us pay." John B rested against the wooden pole of the porch looking at me. I tried to think of something to say but nothing was coming to mind. I couldn't believe how stupid JJ had been, did he think he would just get away with punching him.
"I don't think it'll be that bad, you and JJ have been in a fight with them before" Pope spoke grabbing everyone's attention, a fixed look on John B.
"Yeah but this time I don't think they're going to be as fair, especially as Kelce was walking away. Also if they have Barry with them..." John B trailed off, he looked off towards the water. He was right, Barry wasn't known to play fair but I doubt he would help a bunch of kooks. I mean he won't give a shit about some petty drama between teens. Even if Barry weren't there, it would still be three against two. There's also no knowing if they would bring more people, I wouldn't put it past Rafe. Also if John B was seen in a fight, or if they started the fight and then called the cops, again wouldn't put it past Rafe, I mean he'd get out easy with his parent's money, all the kooks would, while John B was sent away to a foster family.