Childhood Friends

A/N This is inspired by a anime that I saw awhile ago. I don't really remember what it's called but it's inspired by it!
————————————————————————————————————————

Fluff/Slight Angst?
Tw// slight mentions of anxiety attack

3rd Person POV
The two young boys walked down the sidewalk together as it was after school and they were going home together like any other day. 10 year old Dream and George, the bests friends of friends, been best friends since they were 5.

They were inseparable. Always by each other's sides. They did everything together. Everyone knew that. Their parents were also fortunately also friends so they got to hang out with each other a lot too after school and such.

No matter what, it was always them. The blonde and the brunette. Nothing could separate them right? Nothing could make one hate the other right?

They didn't live too far away from each other which was good. They stopped in front of Dream's house on the sidewalk. Dream was acting a bit strange lately but George never questioned it and trusted that Dream will tell him if something was wrong.

"Hey um George. I have to tell you something." Dream stood in front of George, feeling really nervous but he didn't show that he was nervous. He always had a confident front and didn't like showing some sort of emotion.

"You can tell me anything." George said while tilting his head a little bit, curious on what Dream had to tell him.

"I'm moving."

Dream said it so bluntly that George was a bit confused.

"You're moving? Are you still going to go to the school?"

"No. Um I'll have to be moving schools."

"Well if you're not moving too far away then we can still see each other. Lets just hang out for as long as possible before you move!"

George smiled sweetly. The smile that Dream loved so much.

"I'm moving tomorrow." Dream said a bit quieter now.

George's face dropped, "W-What? Why didn't you tell me sooner?!"

"I didn't know how to! I'm sorry George."

George's eyes started to well up with tears. He felt betrayed. Being this young, he couldn't really control his feelings or the emotions he was feeling. His best friend was leaving him and didn't say anything until now. Their last day together was today and he didn't even know. No wonder why Dream was acting so strange.

George's hands curled into fists.

"You're horrible. Why would you leave me?! You're a terrible best friend!" George had tears streaming down his face and his breathing started to get quicker. George has had experienced anxiety attacks before and was diagnosed at 7.

Dream's heart hurt. He didn't want George to think he was abandoning him. He didn't want to leave but he had no choice. He tried to reach out for George before he had a anxiety attack but his hand was immediately pushed away.

The pained look in George's face. His eyes were full of tears and he let out choked out sobs.

"I hate you!" And with that George ran away from Dream, running back to his house.

Dream couldn't help the tears that formed in his eyes as he watched his best friend run away from him and the words that he said repeating through his head, 'I hate you', the three words Dream never wanted George to say to him.