Cold

Fluff
Tw//none

3rd Person POV
George was outside on the bleachers reading a book. It was lunch time and he always came out here for some peace. His best friend, Dream or real name, Clay, would join him most times.

It was half way through the lunch period and Dream didn't come out to join him so he assumed that today Dream wasn't going to join him which he is ok with.

That was until..

"GEORGE!"

George looked up from his name being called and he saw Dream running up to him. Dream ran up the bleachers to George and he sat down next to him with a big smile on his face.

George laughed a little bit, "Whats up? You seem oddly giddy."

"Me and Liv are dating now!"

Dream said happily. George's face dropped a little bit and his smile faltered but he quickly forced a fake smile. Dream didn't seem to notice.

"Oh really? I'm so happy for you. Uhh I gotta go now. I forgot I had to go help with something..."

George got up quickly and left Dream on the bleachers. He didn't know his heart hurt when Dream said that he's dating someone now. Maybe it's because he's scared that Dream might not have time for him anymore?

George isn't the type to cry over something like this. He decided to not worry about it for now.

——

Next day

Dream was standing by his locker talking to his new girlfriend. Sapnap was standing by them just listening and being the third wheel. That was until he spot George.

"George! Finally!", Sapnap ran to George and hugged him. George laughed and playfully pushed him off.

Dream snapped his head around when he heard Sapnap yell George. He smiled at his two best friends. George looked over to Dream and Dream waved at him with a smile.

That smile slowly faltered when he saw George turn his back to him and pulling Sapnap with him and laughing with Sapnap about something.

Is George upset with me? Did I do something?, Dream thought to himself. But he snapped out of his thoughts when Liv grabbed his arm.

——

The whole day, when Dream would try to converse with George like they usually do, George was oddly cold with him. Dream didn't see the usual soft doe eyes and sweet smile from George and he didn't get one hug from George today. Instead he saw the glare and envy in George's eyes every time their eyes meet and how George always walked away from him and when they would talk, George only would say a couple of words then leave.

Dream was confused on why his best friend was so cold to him. It hurt him a little bit. He didn't know what he did to make George upset with him. When he went home, he texted George saying sorry about whatever he did to make him upset but he was left on read.

When George saw the message, he felt guilty because he's upset for no reason. He was cold to Dream for no reason but he wasn't gonna stop.. it was unfair but maybe this will solve whatever this feeling was he had in his chest.

——

A month later

It's been a month now. A month since Dream started dating Liv and it's been a long month of George being cold to him. He thought it would've been a one time thing but George continued to be very cold to him. More colder than the first time actually.