Can I Call You Back?

A/N I recommend you listen to Can I Call You Back by Shy Martin :]
————————————————————————————————————————

Fluff/Slight Angst
Tw//none

3rd Person POV
Here George was. Sitting at the love of his life's wedding. It should be him up there but he fucked it up. He was happy that he got invited because they were best friends but it took a lot of effort and also some support from his other friends to even show up and not break down crying.

Who's wedding is this? Dream and Fundy's. What did George do? Well here's a short story for you.

George and Dream. The two best friends that everyone adored. They had the strongest bond ever. They have been best friends for nearly 12 years now.

When they reached the 8 year mark of their friendship, that's when their friendship turned into something more. They gained more feelings for each other. Feelings that couldn't be explained. Feelings that scared George. They loved each other. But they didn't make it official. They had a small friends with benefits thing going on but soon George thought it would be best to stop that. He wanted Dream to be with someone who was ready because he wasn't. He didn't want to ruin their friendship or possibly mess something up if they were to date.

The thoughts in his mind made him isolate himself from people and eventually started to push away Dream without knowing.

His mind was like a motel. He's checking out when things don't go well. It sounds like he doesn't care. But in reality he cares too much. He loses himself in conversations. He hears the words but keeps on spacing out. Outside is raining and that's all he can think about. He can't focus now.

He's a no show, he's social, then super low. He stays in and quit things without a warning. He wonders, "Is it ok if I turn off? I don't feel like talking... maybe in the morning."

He would sometimes want to message Dream because he misses him and wants him here. But once he types out something, he deletes them. He writes to himself in his notepad but it's more directed to Dream.

'Can I call you when it ends? When I wanna come down. From the castle on my couch where I shut you out. Can I call you when it ends? When I'm out of feelings. Done with missing out on things. And I'm missing you... Can I call you back?'

Sometimes he wonders what is wrong with him. He always ends up feeling lonely even in a room full of people who he would call his "friends". He wants to call his friends.

He writes again in his notepad.

'Is it alright, is it alright if I don't make sense. Even to myself? Can I call you back again? When I'm out of feelings. Done with missing out on things. And I'm missing you. Can I call you back?'

He would argue with himself if he could call Dream back.

It took George a few months to be at least ok again and he began to talk to his friends more and also to Dream. A couple years later, he soon found out through Dream that him and Fundy were dating and it broke his heart because he still loved Dream but he had to be happy for him.

And now we are here. At their wedding. Where George sat in the very front. He tried not to look at Dream too much or he would burst out crying. He felt glances from Dream which made it harder. The ordained minister, who was Wilbur, called out if there were any objections. George looked up a little bit and he saw Dream looking at him but then looking away. He wanted to object so bad but he wants his best friend to be happy and that's the best thing to do.