The Truth

Fluff
——

Dream's POV

For as long as we've known each other, you always acted like you never cared about me, ignored me quite a few times, you even dismissed my feelings and rejected me. But even though you gave me the cold shoulder, I still stayed by your side for years. I wasn't anything to you and was just a pest to you.

So why now? Why are you crying that I am leaving to a different state? That we will be separated for college? Why are you clinging onto me? You should be happy that I won't be here to bother you anymore.———But I guess the truth was, you did care about me. You rejected me because you were scared of your feelings. You didn't want to ruin anything between us. You wanted to shut me out, but I didn't let you.

Haha———what a turn of events. Seeing you like this kinda hurts me. I wish you would've told me the truth sooner George. Now all I can do is hold you for as long as I have right now before I take off on the plane.

Third Person POV

Dream held a small smile on his face even though there were silent tears streaming down his face while he held tightly onto the person he adores the most.———George however was a sobbing mess, crying streams of tears onto Dream's chest, soaking his shirt. His hands clutching the back of Dream's shirt.

"I promise I'll come to visit, love. I will also be one phone call and one text away. If you ever need me, just call or message me. I will answer you no matter the time.", Dream kisses George's forehead as he brought a hand up to caress the back of George's head.

"But it won't be the same without your dumb self here annoying me everyday. You're always around even when I tell you to... leave.", George managed to say out between sobs, "I didn't mean to leave the state or me, idiot!"

As they bask in their last moments together———for the time being——— the intercom of the airport comes on and announces that Dream's flight will be leaving soon in 10 minutes.

Dream sighs sadly and pulls away from the hug a little bit to look at George one last time. He puts on that stupid smile that he always does when he's with George and cups George's face. He wipes George's tears away with the pads of his thumbs,

"I'll be back. This isn't a goodbye.", Dream said softly while leaning his forehead against George's, "I love you."

George's lips quivered as he was trying to hold back tears. With a bit of hesitation, he moves his hands to grab the collar of Dream's shirt and he leaned up to plant a small kiss on Dream's lips———which took Dream by surprise and before he could fully react, George had pulled away and backed up away from him with his face red as a tomato.

"You're gonna be late for your flight. Go you idiot.", George said as he crossed his arms over his chest and looked away from Dream.

Dream only chuckled lightheartedly, "Just a few seconds ago, you didn't want me to go."

George glanced over, "Well you said this isn't goodbye..."

Dream smiles and nodded his head in understanding. George also has a small smile on his face.

"Well then. I'll be off now. I will call you right away once I land."

And with that, Dream started to walk away to his gate———but not before giving George one last kiss and running off leaving George there being a flustered mess.

Dream was happy that he finally knows the truth to George's feelings, but now he's even more sad that he's leaving George.

When he got onto the plane and found his designated seat, he got a couple of text messages from George;

George:
I would appreciate it if you forgot whatever happened earlier... I did not mean to let out emotions like that

George:
have a safe flight I guess❤️
sent at 06:20

Dream laughs a little bit and smiles contently at George's messages.

Dream:
I don't think I'll ever forget about that moment

Dream:
It's when you technically confessed your feelings for me. I will hold that memory closely to my heart <3
sent at 06:21

George:
I hate you >:(
sent at 06:21

Dream:
I am sure you do, love

Dream:
I love you too : )
sent at 06:22

George:
Ok whatever! Don't ever come back again!

George:
wait don't take that seriously. I would like it if you did come back
sent at 06:23

Dream:
I would come back for you anyway even if you didn't want me to

Dream:
Now go home and get some more rest. You did wake up pretty early just to see me before I left

Dream:
I know I said I would call you right when I land but I will text you first just in case you're still sleeping and I don't want to disturb you
sent at 06:25

George:
ok. I guess I will talk to you later

George:
Bye Dream❤️
sent at 6:28

Dream:
Bye Georgie :) ❤️
read at 6:28

Dream puts his phone away and leaned his head back on his seat with a content and happy smile on his face. George is being a bit more affectionate towards him now.

Just then a thought struck Dream's mind and it made Dream face palm, "I didn't ask him to be my boyfriend before I left.", Dream muttered to himself.———That thought wasn't there for long though since Dream then came to a conclusion that they both probably already mutually agreed that they are now in a relationship even though they didn't verbally say it out loud.

They are both content with whatever they are now and didn't really need any verbal confirmation of what they are. Sometimes things are better left unspoken.

——

A/N sorry for the weird pacing and whatever this was-

1016 words