In Your Dreams

Fluff
Angst
[Other/Unsure] ✔︎
——

Third Person's POV

It was silent. Everything seemed to be in black even with the raging red-orange on the other side of the blocked entrance that kept him enclosed from escaping, emitting some light into the boxed like room made of black and purple.

He, who sat with his face hidden into his knees, back against the wall, falling down into his own darkness of mind. It felt like strings were attached to his body, pulling and pulling and pulling, torturing him with pulling at his limbs.

He doesn't remember the last time he saw the outside world. He misses the warmth of a certain someone. He feels like he's rotting slowly in this cage that was his prison.

The sounds of the lava roaring and pouring down were all that could be heard. He wished that he could hear his giggles, his laughter, his voice. Just something to get out of this deafening silence.

"Hello Dream."

A voice? His voice? No. That can't be. It's probably his hallucinations again. Or was it.

Without looking up, he could feel the presence of another in front of him. He could feel the other's stare. Was it actually him? Dream wondered.

Desperate and wanting nothing more than to see the face he loved so much again after who knows how long, he lifts his head up, getting out of his darkness, and finally met face to face of who it was.

It was him, but it wasn't. Same face, same height, same freckles, same fluffy brown hair, same chocolate colored eyes.——— But, his attire wasn't the same. Instead of a blue shirt with a red-white rectangle in the middle; his attire still consists of the color blue, but he had a cape, much like DreamXD, a mask similar to DreamXD's, but instead of XD carved into it, it had HD instead. Outlines of big white wings could be seen behind him, maybe something similar to a halo on top of his head. It was another version of DreamXD? Another god? A different god who looked like someone he adored.

"George? Is that you?" Dream croaked out as it was hard to talk and he had quite a dry throat.

He heard a small chuckle came from 'George'.

"Not quite. You can call me GeorgeHD (GeorgeeeHD)."

GeorgeHD?

"Who exactly are you?", Dream asked while trying to stand up, using the wall behind him as support.

"Well, you've met DreamXD haven't you? You could say I am well acquainted with DreamXD and as you humans would say, another god,"HD lets out a breathy chuckle, "People say XD looks like you, and as you can maybe notice, I look like, what's his name? Georgenotfound?" HD puts his fingers on his chin, making it look like he was deep in thought while his brows furrowed.

Dream couldn't believe what he was hearing nor seeing. Accentually, he's in the presence of another god much like DreamXD, but this time, it's a god who looks like his lover.——— Dream could only stare in awe, in disbelief, in confusion.

HD puts on a smile and walked closer to Dream, grabbing him by his jaw, "You must miss George a lot, don't you?"

Dream tensed up from the contact, "Why are you here? What do you want from me?"

He may look like George, but he doesn't have the warm, soft, loving voice as George. His voice sounded more like he was making a mockery of Dream, toying with him.

HD lets go of his face and backs up, turning so his back was facing Dream, "To keep you company? I want to be able to help you while you're in this isolation. Of course, I won't be able to break you out, but I will be at your service," HD looks over his shoulder, "Only in your dreams though."

"Only in my dreams?" Dream parroted, "But this isn't a dream right now if that's what you're implying. This has to be real. I am awake."

HD went silent, seemingly contemplating his next move. Dream wasn't sure if he could even trust this god. Suddenly appearing out of nowhere, toying with him. He's met DreamXD and XD is not the most pleasant person.

Before Dream knew it, his face was now between two warm hands. Eyes widening, coming back to reality, he realized now just how close the proximity between him and HD were. With HD's hands cupping his cheeks like how George would, his mind went into a frenzy while looking at his face. He hated how he enjoyed the touch from the god.——— He was touch starved and misses the person with the same face as this god.

His face heated up as HD leaned in, he could feel their warm breaths mixing in with each other. Mind feeling hazy, his eyes started to close, getting ready to feel the pair of plump lips to meet his. He felt the lips of the god brush against his, but nothing else happened.

——

He opened his eyes again, coming face to face with the ceiling above him instead. He noticed that he was laying on the floor of the cell and immediately shot up. He looked around hastily, trying to look for something, or more like looking for someone.

It was just him again. Alone. It can't be. There was no way that was a dream.

Just as he was about to stand up, using his hand to push himself up off the floor, he felt something in his palm as he did so. Looking down to his hand, he flipped it over to see a small gold pendant with a deep blue jewel in the middle of it. In the back of it, there were 2 letters carved into it; HD

His eyebrows furrowed. He couldn't get into much thought about it though because the lava started to lower, indicating that Sam was now here.

Quickly, Dream hid the pendant in the chest that was in the corner of his cell and he sat down by the wall next to it, trying to act like how he usually does.

He stayed quiet as Sam came over, gave him his food which was raw potatoes, and left again without saying any words. Once the lava covered his view from Sam, he got the pendant back out and caressed the jewel in the middle with his thumb.

GeorgeHD huh? Dream leans his head back on the wall as he lets out a small scoff.

Only in my dreams, he says.

"Til we meet again 'George'."

——

A/N
First chapter made in awhile! This is not very proofread aha- Hope you enjoyed though! :)

1115 words