Wishes come true

George's POV

It had been years of begging my parent to let me go to public school and they finally let me. Tomorrow I was finally going to school after being homeschooled for as long as I can remember.

I'm anxious but I know that Wilbur will be there with me and I'm through the roof with excitement to finally make new friends not that I hate Wilbur I like Wilbur but god I need new friends.

I met Wilbur when I ran away once from home because my parents were arguing over stupid shit and we just became best friends from there.

———
The next day

I woke up to my alarm and groaned at the noise that rang in my ear, quickly turning it off. I got up did my bed and went to my kitchen encountering my mother saying hello to me, I waved and proceeded to make cereals when it hit me that I was going to public school, wait I'm going to public school, what. I engulfed my cereals at record time and rushed to my room getting dressed quickly brushing my teeth and then putting cologne on.

As I was about to leave I got a message from Wilbur saying that he was eager to see me I texted him back a smiley face and headed to school.

The drive to school was boring. Rows of trees could be seen and the sound of birds singing was heard.

I got to school and could not see Wilbur.  I started to panic and feel my anxiety kick in and I tried to ignore it but it's hard when that's the only thing your thinking about.

All of sudden I felt a hand touch my back and shook at the sudden contact. Turning my head around to see Wilbur smiling at me, without hesitating I gave him the biggest hug and stepped away still looking at him, he then said.

"so are you excited?"

"yes I'm so ready to make new friends"

Wilbur scuffed and pouted aggressively trying to poorly show that he was offended. I laughed at the sight as he rolled his eyes. The laughing soon broke into silence as the chatter from other students filled the air.

All my teacher introduced me to everyone and proceeded to teach. I barley got lost considering as Wilbur had gave me a tour of the school in the morning so I knew practically where to go. Every now and then I got stares and laughter when people looked at me on the halls of the school, I guess because "I'm the new kid" but being the bigger person I ignored it.

As I was in my last lesson of the day I zoned out and thought of how much I needed this, not having to hear the stupid bickering of my mum and dad everyday, feeling free I mean I wasn't that free my mum had teachers checking on me all the time making me feel like a burden.

Not having your parents 24/7 always worried that their son will get hurt and not letting him live a normal teenage life because he was different was overwhelming and exhausting. Setting aside that thought something that the teacher said got my attention.

I was going to a school trip tomorrow to the Bank of England.

I was beyond excited. I had never even went on a school trip saying that I was excited was an understatement

-

School ended and everyone ran out of their classes, I met with Wilbur outside seeing as he was going to give me a lift home.

We spoke in the car about how school went and of course I couldn't stop talking about the school trip.

I got home and waved goodbye to Wilbur. I closed the door from the car and walked past my gates and opened the door.

As soon as I walked in, I was greeted with my mum and dad looking at me with worried written all over their face (expected) I smiled making their worried faces fade but what was unexpected was when they rushed to me and hugged me tightly making me gasp for air.

"how was school honey did everything go well?" she said stepping away from me letting me breath

"It was amazing but um, I have a trip tomorrow will I be able to go?" I asked

Hesitation was plastered all over her but she spoke "I don't see why not". I shrieked in excitement and hugged her.

"I love you and thank you so much" I shout as I jolt to my room.

Setting everything on my bed and turning on the tap from the shower I take my clothes off and step inside the steaming bathroom.

The contact of hot water instantly made my body rush with warmth. Shaking the water off my hair after applying shampoo and conditioner I changed into my pjs and ate dinner, it was my favorite dinner, pizza .

I went back to my room and played Minecraft with Wilbur for awhile and talked about how Wilbur was terrible at cooperating making us argue every now and then at the same subject .

I looked at the time and thought that it was a good idea to probably go to sleep, I said my goodbyes to Wilbur and slide myself into my bed putting my alarm on and calling it a day.

——

Ahhhh hope you enjoyed my first chapter !! Love u all <333