The Cat and Mouse Arc #2

You and Felicia stood across from each other in the alley. The red ring was still in your hand while Felicia stood there nervously.

Y/N: Why are you here? Why are you working with AIM?!

Felicia stepped back at your suddenly snap. You realized what you did and calmed yourself down.

Y/N: Felicia, what the hell is going on?

Felicia: I...after you left, things got more desperate. Hammerhead was taken down. There were less and less jobs. I had to take what I could get.

Wait, you took down Hammerhead.

Felicia: So we took this job for AIM. And...we lost the assest. They knew where I was and they, they came for me.

She slowly brought her hands to her chest as she looked at the ground.

Felicia: They, they said I had to find you and...

Y/N: To take me to them.

Felicia nodded.

Felicia: Because they knew that you knew me. They thought you wouldn't kill someone you knew.

Well, they were right about that. You could never kill Felicia. That being said, all of this was pissing you off beyond relieve.

Y/N: No. No, this isn't happening.

Felicia: What?

Y/N: You can come with me. We can take you safe at the Program!

You moved towards her but Felicia held a hand out.

Cat: Are you an idiot?

Venom: Yessss.

You stopped.

Y/N: Cat?

Cat: They sent me to bring you in. This ends one of two ways. You coming with me, or them killing me.

You grabbed her wrist.

Y/N: You're here with me now. You stick with me and they won't hurt you!

Cat looked at you hand and sighed. She used her free hand to hold your gently as she looked at you.

Cat: Y/N, I know you're smarter than this. You're a hero trying to save a useless criminal.

Y/N: You're not useless. You're my friend. And you mean way too much to me for me to just let you die.

Cat just let out a sad laugh. You held her shoulders and made her look at you. This was your friend. Your family.

Y/N: There's nothing we can't do, Cat. Felicia.

Cat: You've said that before.

Y/N: And was I wrong?

Cat smiled sadly.

Cat: No. No you weren't.

That smile soon faded.

Cat: But you are now.

She reached into her pocket and clicked something. The ground began to shake suddenly causing you to let go and looked around. You looked out to the street where a massive racoon was now running loose with Nadia and Gwen chasing it.

Y/N: A giant racoon? Seriously?

You turned back around, but Cat was now gone. You looked around but found no trace of her. And to make matters worse, she had stolen the red ring back.

Y/N: Damnit.

Looks like you'll have to deal with Felicia later. For now, you had another furry friend to take care of.