A Story About A Boy

Monster:
Year 1

You laid in your bed with your blankets pulled over your head. It was a week after Carnage's attack on New York. Everyone was in a frenzy still, but things have gone back to normal for the most part.

However, you were still dealing with the death of Venom.

Widow decided it was best for everyone to be with their families for the time being. That included Nadia and Viv.

Widow looked at your door from the couch as Moony walked around and sat down. He set the bowl of popcorn down on the coffee table and looked at Widow. His eyes then landed on your door.

Moony: He's still in there?

Widow nodded.

Widow: He hasn't even come out for food. Wanda tried to get him to join her for her yoga, but he didn't even answer.

Moony rubbed his chin.

Widow: How are you?

She turned to Moony.

Widow: Venom was your teammate from back in the day. You guys were close.

Moony nodded.

Moony: I miss him. But, as a Striker, we always knew death was a possibility. Hell, I died at one point. But he died a hero. He would've made the Creator proud.

Widow looked at him for a moment before she moved closer. She placed a hand on his.

Widow: But what about you?

Moony stayed silent. He then looked at Widow.

Moony: I.....I don't know.
---------------
Wanda: Y/N? Are you awake?

She stood outside of your door with her workout clothes. She knocked on the door again but got no response.

Wanda: Y/N?

She pouted before she used her magic to force the door open. She entered the room and found you still laying in bed.

She walked over to the bed and pulled the blankets off of you.

Y/N: Go away.

Wanda: No. How long are you going to stay in here?

You didn't respond. You just rolled over and faced the wall. Wanda sighed and sat on the bed.

Wanda: Look, I know you just lost a friend. A...you lost family. I know how hard that is.

Y/N: I couldn't save him. And now, I can't even use my powers without being ripped apart.

Wanda looked at you for a moment. She then kicked off her shoes. You felt her lay down before she wrapped her arms around you from behind. She buried her head into the back of your neck.

Wanda: Fine. I'll stay here with you, then.

Wanda held you tightly, and you found yourself closing your eyes.

Y/N: Thank you.
---------------
Moony: I have to.

Widow: No, you don't.

The two adults stood across from each other in the kitchen. Widow had her arms crossed and the forgotten dinner on the table pointed to their ruined date night.