The Visions Arc #3

Widow drove down the highway with her radio playing quietly. She couldn't believe she forgot to pick you up. Granted, she was beyond tired and she was now wondering if she could've just called Vision to bring you back.

Though, she didn't know if you had decided on whether or not you were going to accept their offer. Still, she just hoped you were okay. But she did trust Vision.

If you were with him, you were safe.

Monster:
Year 1

You ducked under the sharp blade of the Grim Reaper and delivered a powerful kick to his ribs which broke them and sent him flying right into a tree. His limbs wrapped around it and you heard his bones break, but he just got back up.

He really was unkillable.

But this wasn't a healing factor. None of his external wounds were healing. You could still see where his skull was caved in from when Virginia "killed" him the first time.

So how could you defeat him?

Grim Reaper: YOU'RE NOT REAL!

Virginia grabbed him by the arm and swung him into the ground.

Virginia: Did that feel real?

The Grim Reaper sliced at her leg, barely missing, and kicked her away. He leaped back up just as Viv flew towards him.

Grim Reaper: Your children, your husband, none of them are real!

Viv tried to phase through the blade, but she was unsuccessful. He managed to narrowly slice through her shirt which distracted her enough for him to grab her.

He held her there and placed his blade to her neck. You and Virginia stopped.

Grim Reaper: One step closer and I'll gut her like a fish!

He held Viv tighter and placed the blade closer to her neck. You didn't know much about Synthezoid biology, but you weren't about to chance it.

Vision should be home soon.

He can help, right?

You just needed to hold the Grim Reaper back long enough for him to show up. Maybe with some Avengers.

Virginia: Let my daughter go.

Grim Reaper: No! You and your family act as if you're normal. As if you're human. It makes me sick!

Y/N: Please, you don't have to do this. They don't mean anyone harm.

Grim Reaper: That's how it starts, right? They don't mean any harm but then they get a taste for blood. There's no stopping them then.

Viv tried to phase away, but the man just pushed the blade closer to her skin.

You clenched your fists, and slowly raised your hands. Virginia looked at you.

Y/N: Please. Let her go.

You got down to your knees and slowly bowed.

Y/N: Don't hurt them.

The Grim Reaper smiled. He really was an idiot. He noticed the sparks on your fingers far to late.