Avengers HQ Arc #2

You couldn't believe your situation. You were eating Chinese takeout, with the Avengers. Tony reached to grab the rice box but a chopstick ended up stabbing into the table. Clint then picked up the box and pour himself some rice with a smirk.

Tony: If Kate saw her mentor being stingy like this, she'd be disappointed.

Clint: Good thing she isn't here.

Y/N: Who's Kate?

Clint stabbed his remaining chopstick into the table. He then narrowed his eyes at you.

Clint: Off limits.

Y/N: What?

Tony: Let the kid give it a shot. I think it would fun to watch him fumble over his own feet trying to talk to her.

Clint and Tony laughed together as you sat there confused. What the hell were they on about? You just sighed as you pouted and popped an orange chicken into your mouth.

Wanda: Leave him alone guys. He doesn't mean harm.

Thank you Wanda. You were truly too good for this world. Still, it didn't stop Clint from glaring at you. Thor was mostly trying to crack jokes and Tony was making sly remarks. Banner mostly kept to himself and you noticed no one was poking fun at him. Probably for the best. And Vision wasn't even there. Something about an update.

Wanda: So how are things at the Program, Y/N?

You looked up from you plate and found all of them looking at you. You placed your fork down and sat up.

Y/N: Uh, I mean, I like training. Having people around to actually talk to is nice too. Everyone has been nice.

Wanda: Good. I'm glad that you seem to be fitting in well.

Tony got the memo.

Tony: You play any video games? Maybe you have a favorite movie?

You shook your head.

Y/N: I don't really do that stuff. I kinda watch TV with Widow or I train.

Banner: And what about everything else? You making friends and the like?

You shrugged.

Y/N: I, think they're my friends. I never really had friends before. Well, there was one but....she honestly felt more like a partner than a friend.

Clint flung a piece of chicken at Banner. He suddenly caught what he had said. You didn't mind honestly. You were just glad to finally be doing good for once. No more stealing to survive. Suddenly an alarm went off and everyone stood up.

Tony: So much for a nice night. Everyone suit up.

You watched everyone head out and you tried to follow but Tony stopped you.

Tony: You're staying here.

Y/N: What? But I can help.

Tony: Until we find out what's going on with your powers, you're out of commission. Get some rest. We have a Playbox in the living room. Go ahead and play some games.

Clint: I just got the new Call of Battle game. Have fun but don't mess up my win to lost ratio. If you do, I will hurt you.

He left without another word. You just sighed as everyone filed out to get ready to leave.

Y/N: Damn. Guess I'm a benchwarmer tonight.
---------
You had decided to take a shower before heading to the guest room to change into a pair of sweats. You were a bit tired but mostly you were restless. You were in the Avengers Compound. Granted you did destroy a room already but still. This was cool.