The Cat and Mouse Arc #3

You worked day and night against the clock. Everyone did what they could and they did it well. Kamala and Sam through out ideas while Viv, Riri, Nadia, and you worked together to do what you could. Miles, Gwen, and Danny stayed outside on patrol to make sure AIM didn't get near the house, or the neighborhood. Widow was making sure everything stayed clean and that Felicia was comfortable.

Or as comfortable as one could be with a bomb in their neck.

You worked well into the night until you were one of the last ones standing. You ended up taking over patrol for Miles and Danny so they could rest while Riri and Viv kept working.

By the time the sun came up, everyone was passed out in the living room with Widow doing patrol. You and Felicia were stacked on each other on the floor while Sam and Miles were passed out around the chair that Danny had claimed as his own. On the couch was Nadia and Riri who were cuddling while Gwen and Kamala were both half way in the kitchen using cardboard boxes as pillows.

The only one still awake was Viv who was still working on a machine that could potentially help.

You were all running out of ideas.

And the clock was still ticking.

Monster:
Year 1

Knock knock knock

Y/N: Zombie hamburger!

Venom: You really need to sssee a therapisssst about thessse dreamsss, kid.

You shook your head and looked around. Everyone was still asleep except for Viv.

Knock knock knock

You made your way out from under Felicia who just groaned and rolled over as you made your way to the door. You suddenly stopped. What if that was AIM?

You popped out one claw and took a deep breath before you cracked the door open.

Matt: Y/N?

Y/N: Oh, Mr. Murdock. Morning.

You opened the door and found the blind lawyer himself standing there.

Matt: Sorry for the intrusion, kid. It's just, I tried calling but it seems like everyone turned off their phones. Is there a....has someone been welding in there?

Y/N: Yeah. Uh, we had, uh, a bit of a sleepover last night. Everyone turned off their phones.

Matt: A bunch of teens without their phones? I can't even get them to put them away in court.

Suddenly, Nadia poked her head out from behind you.

Nadia: Mr. Murdock! Did we have an appointment today?

Matt fixed his shoulder bag and shook his head.

Matt: About that, I got us a preliminary hearing this morning. I've been trying to reach you since last night.

Nadia: Oh. Well, that'll have to wait. Come on in.

You and Nadia walked back into the house while Matt stood there for a moment. He just sighed and followed you inside.

Matt: "Have to wait"? Nadia, I don't think you understand the importance...

Nadia: No, I do. But that will work out. We're dealing with something more important right now.