Avengers HQ Arc #1

The Monster didn't get the family he always longed for. Yet his home continued to grow with the addition of the monk and the robot.

Still, the Monster longed for something more. He decided to strive to become what the Old Man had longed for him to be. He wanted to be a hero.

But he never noticed that family was closer than he realized.

And it came from outer space.

Monster:
Year 1

Widow: Now, I expect you all to be on your best behavior. Treat this like a school field trip or whatever.

You all stood outside of the Avengers' Compound located in upstate New York. Widow had loaded you all up in the Quinjet, mostly by force, and flew you all here.

Today was shadowing day. Meaning all of you would be paired with an Avenger to shadow for the day. Get it?

Sam: Yeah, yeah, whatever. Where's the bathroom? I need to blow it up.

Kamala: Gross.

Riri: It's a miracle you're single.

Sam just shrugged. Widow pointed to a building and gave him the directions. He waved and headed off towards it while the rest of you stood there. You all had your bags with your uniforms, Riri had a suitcase, in case you went on patrol or something came up.

Widow: Alright, let's head inside. Everyone can be set up up their host.

You all followed her to the building. Your eyes landed on the case Widow carried with her. Inside was your bandanna and whatever was attached to it.

Viv: Who else is excited for this day?

Riri: You're excited?

Viv: No. It is a formality to ask.

Danny: Well, I am most excited to gain the experience held by our elders.

Widow: We're not that old.

Miles: I'm just glad I get to get the day off. Pete is taken over my patrol.

Y/N: Who's Pete?

Miles stopped walking and stared odd into space.

Miles: I've said too much.

You all made it inside where you found yourself in awe at everything. You had never seen anything like it.

Widow: Alright, kiddos. Remember the phase of the day.

All: Bad guys get punched hard.

Widow smiled.

Widow: I taught you well. Alright, go find your Avenger. Y/N, you're with me. I'll show you to the lab. Maybe Stark is there, so Riri, you're with us too.

Everyone scattered, having their maps ready. You and Riri followed Widow towards the lab.

Riri: So, you excited to shadow a spy all day?

Y/N: I dunno. You excited to shadow a drunk all day?

Riri: That's fair.