The Cat and Mouse Arc #4

SHIELD showed up before the EMTs did. Everyone was forced to give their report while the AIM soldiers were taken in. But the entire time, you stayed with the unconscious Felicia.

Every time an agent tried to approach you, Venom appeared and scared them off. Janet showed up, Matt gave his report, and Widow stayed near to make sure you were okay.

She had never seen you like this. Viv either. You were too quiet. Too shaky. This wasn't normal and it started to make her worry.

Finally, the EMTs showed up and placed Felicia on a gurney before they carried her out. But you were determined to stay with her.

Widow: Stand back, kid. They'll look after her.

Y/N: She's not going anywhere without me!

Widow: Kid, you can't go with them. They said...

You didn't even hear her. You were so focused on staying with Felicia. You couldn't tell if this was just another AIM trick.

Y/N: You hear me, Felicia? Cat? I'm not leaving you with these strange men.

Widow: Y/N...

Y/N: Tell them I'm riding in that ambulance, Widow! I'm not leaving her!

Widow was an expert assassin. Trained in the Red Room. That being said, she had a secret she hated telling people. She had been to therapy for the last few years. It was Bruce's idea. A way to get her life back. And it worked.

But she could never get her training out of her head. She had seen abuse. She had dealt with PTSD. She had seen it all and then some.

Widow: We can follow them in my car.

Y/N: That's not good enough. They can be AIM! They'll kill her! Or worse!

Widow: They're EMTs, Y/N. They're just going to take her to the hospital.

She knew body language and she saw that you were about to go on a rampage. You were angry. Scared. You wanted to be by your friend's side to make sure she was alright. She got it. She has been there before herself.

Y/N: Do you know that?! Do you know them personally, Natasha?!

She had been where you are now. She knew better than to grab your wrist in this moment. It was like poking a snake ready to bite. But that thought came a second too late.

Widow: Y/N, wait!

She grabbed your wrist. Then you did something horrible. Something that would haunt you for the rest of your days.

You punched her.

Everyone stopped giving their reports as Widow fell back on the lawn as Venom retrained you as you realized what you did. Your eyes grew wide while Janet rushed over to her friend.

Janet: Y/N!

Y/N: I...I didn't...

Widow had been hit many times before. She was immediately grateful that you did use your claws or fire or super strength. It was a raw punch to the cheek. Not her first.

Her second thought was that she wanted to tell you to calm down and that it was okay. She knew that you didn't mean to hit her. That you were in a state of panic and that she shouldn't have grabbed you.

There was a split second where she thought about stabbing you, but it was quickly replaced with panic. If you were this unstable, then it meant bad news.

Before she could tell you anything, however, the ambulance began to drive away.

Y/N: I'm so sorry.