13. Saying apologies-ll

Aditi's point of view

I served the macaroni in two plates and we both started eating in silence. Actually Dhruv was the only one who was enjoying the meal, I was only playing with my food and thinking how to apologize him. I looked at him, and wait for him to say something, maybe hoping he will compliment my food but he remains mum and keep eating while looking infront of him. I also didn't disturb him and looked down my untouched food. I didn't do the task which I came for. Since when I came here, I just only ogling him or lost in his thoughts.

I was afraid when he scolded me. Though it wasn't the first time when I get scold but ghere was a concern behind his scolding unlike mummy-papa or Arun bhiya. There were no emotions, when mummy papa scolds me. They purely wants me to learn the leason but Dhruv, he is different from others. He cares for the people, no matter if there from his family or the mere girl living in his neighborhood. That's why I fell in love with him. He protected me when I didn't expect someone save me from mummy's slap and that's remind me, I still apologize to him.

"Dhruv.." I call his name in a low voice.

He stopped eating and looked at me.

"Sorry.."

"For what...?" He looked at me confusingly.

"For the day when you save me from mummy." I whispered and looked down on my lap in embarrassment. I don't want to bring out the topic because it was hurtful for him also to remind.

"If you are apologizing me for that slap then you don't have to." I raised my head from my lap and looked at him.

"Your mother was scolding you without knowing the whole truth. You already face a lot that day and I didn't want, you get more hurt." Tears welled up in my eyes. It took a lot of me to cantrol them falling. I was looking at him with love but more than that I have respect in my eyes for him. He is the man with golden heart and I feel so small in front of him.

He didn't know that I got scold that day also not from mummy but papa too l also scold me. It wasn't new for me but his words means a lot to me. He doesn't know how much, he raised his respect in my eyes. He was also looking at me like he know what I was feeling right now.

He averted his gaze first and started eating again. My mind was feeling with his thoughts and how humble and a kind person he is. It's not hard for someone to fell in love with him, especially not a girl like me, who may not experience any kind of love and not used to a lovely gestures. I noticed that he didn't talk much when he eat but he thinks alot while eating. Sometimes I wish I could ne a mind reader so I can tell what is going inside in my handsome neighbor's head.

Suddenly his phone started ringing and he picked it up after looking at the caller ID.

"Hello.."

Dhruv kept quiet when other person was speeking on the phone. Other person on the phone keep speaking while Dhruv was giving his short answers.

"Atul actually, I want your physics notes." I looked at him with surprise.

My eyes lightened up when I came to know that whole the time he was speaking with Atul bhiya. It's been more than four months he went to Mumbai but I didn't talk to him for once. I really missed him so much and to talk him about so much. For some time I forgot my all worries and just wanted to talk my brother.

"Is Atul bhiya on the phone?" I asked looking at Dhruv hopely.

"Hold on." He put the phone on mute.

Dhruv looked at me and he understand my urge to talk to my brother.

"Do you want yo talk to him?" He asked and I noddded my head eagerly. There was excitement on my face and I can't hide my wide smile from Dhruv.