T w e n t y T h r e e

It all seems so complicated.

Coming from me, that's something. My life has always been complicated, always hard. But this, this feels like too much.

After I walked out of Chris' building, I slammed my fist into the wall. Blood pours from my knuckles and I can't move my fingers, but all I can focus on is how he found out about Drew.

"Harry." Liam's voice comes from behind me.

I spin around, my fist connects with his jaw. I hear a crack and stumble back, landing on the ground with a thud. I wipe the blood on my shirt and stand back up, standing over Liam. He looks up at me with blood pouring from his mouth, he spits some out before standing up. Before he can attack me, I grab his shirt and push him against the wall, his head hits the brick and he groans.

"You told him! How could you, I thought you were my friend?" I yell, swallowing a lump in my throat.

"What the fuck!" Liam pushes me back and slides down the wall, spitting more blood out.

"You told Chris about Drew!"

"No, I fucking didn't!"

"How else-"

"Adam? Esther? Hell, maybe even Zayn, he would have a reason for what you said about Perrie!" he screams, wiping blood from his lips.

I hadn't taken any of them into consideration. I just blamed the first person I could, just like the way I was raised. I stretched my fingers and sighed, running my hands down my face. I fell to my knees on the ground and groaned.

"I'm sorry." I croak out.

"Shut the fuck up Harry, I don't care if you're sorry! I've given you way too many chances!"

I look up, my eyes stinging with tears.

"You don't just beat the shit out of someone for something you think they did! That's not friendship!" Liam scolds, blood dripping from his chin.

I push my hair back, Liam's right, he's forgiven my outbursts too many times. The time I ratted him out to cops when we got a DUI, when I used his sister, and when I broke his car window. Liam is the best friend a guy could have, he's my only true friend.

"You're right. You're right, you shouldn't have to deal with me anymore." I say, hugging my knees.

I stare at the ground, my lips against the fabric of my jeans. Liam's runs his hand through his hair and sniffles, making me look up.

"Why are you my friend?" I ask, my voice shaky.

He takes a moment to gain his balance, then he shrugs.

"I thought that I could handle you, your personality, your past." he pauses, then looks away. "But I can't."

I nod and scratch at the hole in my jeans, ripping it and making it larger.

"I know you've been through some shit, and I know I can't possibly know how that feels, but I can't start trying. I've wasted too much of my life on you, too much of my forgiveness and time." his voice cracks as I feel his hand pat my back softly. "You'll be okay."

With that, he walks off, gets into his car, and drives off. Leaving me alone, just like everyone in my life eventually does.