T w e n t y T w o

The last thing I expected to happen, happened today.

Today, Liam and I met Chris.

He's a tall guy, taller than me actually, but much scrawnier. He has dark brown eyes and tan skin, multiple piercings crowd his face. He talks with a lisp because of how may are on his lip. Liam and I had intended to meet him, to talk about getting out of this whole 'operation', is the legal term.

Chris wasn't happy about it.

"You know I can't let you do that." he said, leaning back against his chair, playing poker with three other surly men.

"You know I'm not a snitch, how many years have I been working for your ass?" I snap, making Liam elbow me.

Liam seems terrified of Chris, I'm not because I know that if I needed to, I could snap his bones like twigs.

"I know that, but I told you that at first. 'Once you're in, there's no way out'." he quotes himself.

"I never signed a contract." I say lowly, stepping closer to his scrawny figure.

The three men behind him stand and hold their guns at me, but I ignore them. I continue staring at Chris, trying my best to intimidate him. Chris would never win a fist fight against me, but he won't ever have to be involved in one because he has his minions to watch over him. Deep down, though he doesn't show it, I know Chris is afraid of me.

Chris snaps his fingers and the men, hesitantly, lower their guns. Chris takes a seat, with a groan, and grabs his glass. He swishes whatever alcohol is left in the bottom around with a him, his face contorted into deep thought. After an eternity, he finally looks up at me, a sly smirk on his dry lips.

"I'll think about it."

Coming from Chris, that's a no. That's either a no, or a 'go ahead and try, and I'll kill you'.

"You know what, fuck this." I turn on my heels and start to walk out, my fists clenched in balls.

My footsteps are the only thing heard in the room, until I stop ubruptly when I hear Chris' smartass voice again.

"Oh Harry, I wouldn't think about doing whatever you're doing, I hear you have a new 'friend'." he puts an extra emphasis on 'friend'.

My already boiling blood feels like its ready to seep right through my pours and melt through the floor, like acid. I swing around and see a chuckling Chris.

"What did you say motherfucker?"

"What's her name, Drew? A little birdie told me about you two. Tell me Harry, have you fucked her senseless yet?" Chris is too smug for his own good.

Unable to speak, I crack my knuckles.

"Because if not," he stands and slowly walks over to me, until his voice is in my ear. "I'd love to."

I know if I try to touch Chris, his men will shoot me. They'll shoot me until they make sure I'm not a problem anymore.

"She isn't involved in this." I say, my teeth grinding.

"Oh but she is, she knows about your gun. Just a matter of time before she learns the truth Harry."

Chris walks back over to the table.

"Harry, I'm going to let you leave this room, but not this operation. The only way out is through a body bag. And if you try any stupid shit, I'll have you contained, and you get to watch me fuck the brains out of that little bitch. Got it? Good. Get the fuck out."