T w e n t y S i x

Days go by, with not one call or text from Drew. I fucked everything up. How did I even become that person, that monster? I know for damn sure she's a virgin, she was frigid even before I ever had the chance to touch her unclothed body, she didn't want to go any farther than two fingers, she was afraid.

She is a virgin.

And yet, there I was, screaming and calling her a slut. I said she wanted it. I said that she wanted to be raped, well, almost raped. She didn't deserve it. She didn't deserve my false accusations, my brutality, me. That's me. That's who I've always been. I just never let her see me for who I am.

Now she has.

How I wish she hasn't, because I'm afraid she'll never talk to me again. Who would blame her, a hormonal seventeen year old girl who was called a slut by her boyfriend, after she was attacked. To make matters worse, she has no one that she can truly talk to any of this about. No parents, no siblings, she wouldn't want to talk to her aunt. I sure as hell wouldn't let myself live.

And it hits me.

The scars I saw on her thighs that night at my apartment come flooding back to me, hitting me like a wave. The emotions flowing through her mind right now. The situation. It's all put so much stress on her, and me, her supposed confidant, called her a slut.

She's going to kill herself.

I'm in my car before I can process it, and I'm speeding down the road. Lucky for me, the streets are nearly empty. I call Drew's phone for the thousandth time in the past few days, but there's no answer. I fear that I'm too late. Of course I am! She's probably already done it, or she's in the hospital. Where to go? I decide to go to her house, first and foremost. Once I'm in front of her house, I speed up the steps, not bothering to lock my car. I'm pounding on the door when her aunt finally answer.

"What in the hell-"

I push past her as she talks, and race upstairs. She screams at me, but it's muffled. All I hear is the sound of my heart pounding, it's fast and loud. I burst through her door. Her sheets are messy, but she's not in them. The light to her bathroom is on so I grab the knob. It's locked but I pull and wriggle it so hard I pull it from the wood. When I open it, Drew is looking through her medicine cabinet. She sees me and slams it closed.

"Go away!" she yells, her eyes welling up.

I ignore her, engulfing my arms around her small figure. She fights with me, slapping and pounding on my chest, but I don't feel a thing, just her warmth.

"I said let me go!" she cries, her voice cracking.

I pull back and press my lips to hers, just as a peck before I look into her eyes. She cusses at me, but I drop to my knees in front of her. I keep her waist next to me, as I let my tears soak through her shirt.

"You're alive." I whisper, squeezing her against my face in joy.

"Get out or I'll call the police!" her aunt yells, a phone in her hand.

"It's okay, I know him." Drew says. "He's my ex boyfriend."

My eyes go wide.