F i v e

[Songs for the chapter]

[Sam Smith-Stay With Me]

[Harry Styles-Don't Let Me Go]

[The 1975-Robbers]

[Brittany Spears-Criminal]

-

"Are you here alone?"

"Yeah." she said, her smile fading just a little bit, as if it was a touchy subject.

She bit the inside of her cheek, picking at the bottom of the empty cup with the small plastic spoon.

"I, I don't have many friends." she mumbled, sighing afterwards.

"What about that one from your birthday?"

"We haven't been hanging out lately, she got a boyfriend, the whole third wheel thing." her eyes locked on mine, before darting back down to her cup.

A few seconds passed, usually I am good with words, but with her I feel stuck.

"As we grow up, we realize it is less important to have more friends, but more important to have real friends." I asked.

She raised her head up, fiddling with her fingers again.

"Are you a motivational speaker or something?" she giggled.

Lord, her giggle was the sexiest giggle I've ever heard. Can giggles be sexy? Hers can be apparently.

"No, I'm just, me."

She smiled.

...

We talked until YogurtLand closed, at midnight. Now we were roaming the streets, side by side. I didn't really feel like it was safe for her to be out this late, even with me. I actually make it worse, a client could recognize me. Even worse, a rival.

I kept her close to me, making sure I wasn't frightening her. Her shoulder barely touched my upper arm, I could tell she wanted to be close to me. I held my hands together behind my back as we walked in the cold air, so cold you could see your breath as you exhale.

"Why do you talk like that?" she asked, looking up at me with those eyes. Oh dear, those eyes.

"How do you mean?" I said formally in a stereotypical British accent, on purpose.

She laughed and I felt her hand inch closer to mine, her pinkie touching mine.

"You talk all, fancy, like a millionaire." she said, mocking my accent from seconds ago.

"I don't know, I like to sound educated I suppose."

We walked on for a while, until she stopped on a corner and stood by a stop sign.

"This is my street."

"Do you want me to walk you to your door?" I asked, trying not to make it sound like I want to come and kill her in the middle of the night. Which I definitely did not.

"Sure." she obviously needs to be thought the importance of safety, talking to a random stranger at a bar, and now showing that stranger her exact address.

We walked up to a two story colonial house painted a pure white. The windows were large, double doors rested in the middle of two windows, and a hardwood deck just up a few steps. We walked up the steps, my hands in the front pockets of my jeans, and she turned to me.

"Thanks for the sorta-date." she smiled teasingly.

"You know that's not what it was." I warned, my voice coming out deeper than it usually was.

"Well, that's what I'm going to call it. You can call it a chance meeting though."

A cute little smirk spread across her pink lips and I smiled.

"I don't know why you're so attracted to me, you're so innocent..." I trailed off, looking at the ground.

"And?"

"And I'm trouble." I said, watching her feet rock back and forth discreetly.

A few seconds passed by, I heard the faint whistling of the trees. Small petals and leaves flew around, carried by gusts of wind.

"You don't seem like trouble."

    I sighed.

"I am."

I locked eyes with her again, and smiled at how gorgeous she looked in the moonlight. She took a step closer to me, touching our fingers together. She locked our pinkies together and I half-smiled, sensing a spark in the air.

I felt like a two ton weight was above us, suspended by a thin rope that falls a millimeter each second I don't kiss her. So much pressure, pushing down on my chest as I let out a shaky sigh. I held her small hands in mine, inching our faces closer together. I had to bend down quite a bit to match her height.

The tip of my nose touched hers, her breathing was heavy. I closed my eyes, leaning in to touch our lips together. Something so simple and so innocent, somehow it still sent waves of electricity through my body. It felt like a first kiss, better than my first kiss.

I was sure she felt the electricity run through her body, her hand left mine and touched my cheek, cradling it softly. It felt like we were the only people in the world, like she was all that mattered to me. If this was going to work out, then she was going to become my world. My everything. My anything.