F o u r t e e n

[Songs for the Chapter]

[Alex Hepburn-Under]

[Coldplay-Viva la Vida]

~

    Another week had passed since the 'intervention' my so-called friends arranged for me, I hadn't talked to them. I ignored Liam and Adam's calls, Zayn hadn't called since I mentioned Perrie. My week had mainly revolved around Drew, since I had nothing else to do. I also went to the gym a few times, and bought food.

    Now I sat in my apartment, eating a bowl of cereal in nothing but my underwear. I set the bowl down and leaned towards the TV, focusing on the football game, The Packers were ahead by eight. I cheered each time they made a touchdown, surely annoying my neighbors. My phone buzzed beside me and I opened up the text.

Baby: I don't wanna do math

Me: No texting in class now do your work.

Baby: :p

   I smiled and set my phone down, laying back onto the couch. She had classes until three and it was barely twelve. I had three hours to waste, might as well get drunk. I walked into my bathroom, turning on the hot water and stripping down.

    I stepped in and felt the water pelt against my back, relaxing me. I leaned against the wall and closed my eyes for what seemed like an hour, and it probably was. I turned the knobs, not bothering to wash my hair this time, and stepped out. I walked into my bedroom and got dressed in my usual black skin-tight jeans and black T-shirt.

    I grabbed my keys and phone, locking the door as I headed down the street. I walked for a few minutes and walked through the doors of the nearest liquor store, hearing the bell ring above my head. No one was at the front, which was perfect for me since I forgot money. I walked down to the cooler near the back and took out a Jack Daniel's, making sure to keep my head down to avoid the cameras.

    When I looked at the counter again, there was still no one. I smiled and headed for the door, opening it and walking out. Who ever worked there just lost thirty-seven pounds. I pushed through the door and twisted the cap off of the bottle, bringing it to my lips. I swallowed the smooth, bitter taste and hummed in satisfaction. As I walked into a different convenience store, I noticed two girls standing in the back, and one behind the counter.

    The girls in the back kept their eyes locked on me, each one biting their lip. The one to my left was taller than the one on the right and had a darker shade of blonde hair. The girl behind the counter looked about my age, maybe older. She had short brown hair that stopped at her shoulders, a dark tan complexion. I walked to the counter and stood in front of her, her lip caught between her teeth as she examined me.

"B&H Silver please." I spoke in my most alluring voice.

   She nodded and turned to unlock the glass case. She took out one pack and turned to set it on the counter.

"Thirty pounds." she said, beer eyes flickering to mine.

   I smirked and leaned on the counter, balancing my weight on my elbows as I looked into her eyes.

"I guess I forgot money, do you mind if...?" I trailed off, glancing at the register.

   She shook her head eagerly and put the pack in a small bag, handing it to me. I stood straight and took it, thanking her. I love that affect. As I walked out of the store, I opened the pack and took one out, pulling a lighter from my front pocket and lighting it. I walked down the street, back towards my apartment.

     I stopped when I saw Liam leaning against his car, smoking a small joint. He noticed me and threw it on the ground, stepping on it then walking over to me. I rolled my eyes and tried to push past him, but he wouldn't let me. He grabbed my cigarette and threw it on the ground. I kept the bottle out of his way, caring about that more.

"Harry stop." he gently pushed my chest.

"What?"

"We didn't mean to bring up Gemma the other day. Listen, I know, and you know, it's not your fault what happened to her. It's Des'." he said, watching me intently as I kept my eyes on the alcohol swishing around.

"Harry, if your not going to stop yourself from seeing Drew, just make sure she's safe. She can't find out about this."

   I looked at the ground now, biting the inside of my cheek.

"Harry? She already knows doesn't she?" his voice raised.

"We were making out and she felt my gun, I didn't just whip it out and show it to her!"

"Damn Harry, damn!"

   I felt my jaw tense and I headed inside my apartment, slamming the door. I took another long drink from the bottle and stared at the wall. I tried to control my breathing, I counted to ten. I threw the half empty glass bottle at the wall and watched it shatter into thousands of pieces. I finally calmed myself down, staring at the alcohol drip down the wall. I grabbed my phone and typed furiously.

Me: I'm picking you up.

~

This chapter sucked too. Sorry guys...

Hilight with question