T h i r t y

I snap my head around, and sure enough, it's actually him. I quickly use the back of my hand to wipe my tears and stand, turning to face him. He's aged since I seen him last. There is much more grey in his hair, wrinkles around his eyes, stubble that makes him look like the dead beat he is.

"W-what-" I start.

He crosses his arms, smiling. Smiling? Doesn't he know how seriously he could get hurt just by being near me? I ball my fists at my sides and grit my teeth together. I can hear the grinding loudly in my mind, everything seems louder to yourself. I feel my eyes start to swell up again, but I ignore.

"You said you were going to do something, what is that? Hmm Haz?" he taunts me with the childhood nickname Gemma gave me.

"Don't call me that." my voice sounds, too weak, I clear my throat and straighten my back.

"Look at you, trying to act tough. You may look older son-"

"I'm not your son!" I scream, my voice echoes through the empty yard.

He chuckles and continues.

"You may look older and tougher, you can act older and tougher, but in reality, your only older. You're still the little pussy that wouldn't hurt a fly."

"I'm the pussy that knocked your tooth out on my fifteenth birthday, do you remember that? I sure do, one hell of a birthday present if you ask me." I say calmly, but my voice is still shaky.

"I gave you that one."

"Sure you did asshole."

He smiles smugly and shakes his head.

"Somehow, your voice has gotten deeper, but is still just as annoying." he groans.

"You gonna punish me? Like that time I left my toys on the floor? You gonna slap me again? Do it, do it, I fucking dare you." I challenge, stepping closer to him.

I used to be much shorter than him, that as how he could so easily control me and beat me. But now, I realize that I'm the giant. I'm the one in control. I'm the one who could hurt him. He knows this too, because he backs up about a foot.

"I don't need to, because it's clear I've left my mark on you. Tell me, do you still blame yourself for what you do to your sister?"

"I didn't kill her! You did! You asshole I hate you, you killed her! You!" I lose it, pulling at my hair, which sticks up in different directions.

"That little bitch killed herself! She was weak!"

"Shut up!" my voice raises at least three octaves.

It spikes so high it cracks, and then my throat aches momentarily.

"Poor little Harry still can't handle what happened. Guess what, death happens."

It almost sounds like he's giving me fatherly advice, at this, I bitterly laugh. The thought is too preposterous.

"I don't need your shitty advice! You're not a dad, you never will be! You are a pathetic excuse for a human being! I wish- I wish you were dead! Fuck you! Fuck you! Burn in Hell!",

"Now don't loose your temper Harry." he mocks Mum's calming voice.

"I'll kill you!"

He says nothing, just crosses his arms and stares at me.

"You are a lot like me, you loose your temper quickly." he ponders, no hint of sarcasm in his voice, just wonder.

At this, I consider lunging at him. But I don't. One, because Gem doesn't deserve this happening at her place. Two, I think of Drew. If I were to get taken in for beating the shit out of this worthless waste of space, I wouldn't get the chance to win her back. So I close my eyes and breathe deeply.

"I am not like you, I never will be. You are to never talk to, follow, or meet with me or anyone I care about ever again. If you do, I will not hesitate to crack your skull open like an egg. Des, I swear to God, leave me alone." I say each word slowly, then all off.

I dial Drew's number and hold my phone to my ear as I angrily jump in my car.

"Harry, leave me-" she starts.

"I love you."