T h i r t y S i x (Finale)

Guess who's back bitches. I know it's been way too fucking long and I listened to 'Robbers' by The 1975 (I still am rn) and I got inspired to finally finish this story after, what, two years? Do you guys hate me yet? During this time, my writing style has changed (for the better). I now write in past tense and I honestly cannot for the life of me be bothered to change all the past chapters to the same tense (there's a lot okay don't judge me). I'll try to match the tense as best as I can, but y'all deserve an ending for this shit pile so enjoy? (Sorry for the abrupt ending but I've been starving y'all for two years and I want to finally finish this...like...now.)

Being with Drew was nice. It was a warm feeling that I hadn't experienced in what seemed like forever. It was the sun rays poking through the clouds to greet me during a storm.

Now being with Drew, that was nice too. She was warm and sweet and her bed was wonderfully creaky, even more so once I was done with it. One of the painted white iron bars at the headboard was slightly bent from leaning my weight on it when my hand was clasped around it.

I turned to face her, pushing a strand of brown hair behind her ear while she slept. Her eyelashes fluttered in her sleep and I leaned in, kissing the bridge of her nose. She stirs, incoherent mumbling passing through her lips, then settles again. Sitting up, I turn and stand from the bed. My phone is cluttered with texts from Liam, all urgent amd all having been sent within minutes of each other. With a sigh, I pull on my clothes I came here in, now dry from the rain. As I dress, I look over to see Drew still asleep, thankfully. I smirk at the sight of the disheveled sheets, almost strategically placed over her hips, like in the movies.

"She's a good girl....such a good girl," I hum quietly, leaning down to kiss her temple, still slightly sticky with sweat, "she feels so good."

...

I knock on Liam's door when I get there, avoiding the loose railing that would send anyone over the edge with the slightest nudge. At least he won't have to bother to have it fixed now, since he's moving, leaving me. I turn away from the sight, arms crossed as I try to shake the thought from my mind.

Why isn't Liam answering?

I knock again, more urgently. I sigh, humming softly and tapping my foot on the cement patio. I should probably see Gemma today, I haven't visited in a while. I remember the piece of paper I left in my jacket at Drew's house, sighing. I'll have to pick that up so I could leave it on Gemma's spot. It was a simple couple of lines, not really to a song, he was no singer, but he just felt inspired to write them for her. They were simple.

Just two hearts and one home, I know its hard we argue, we're both stubborn I know

Just as I turn to knock on the door again, with more force now since Liam wasn't answering, I hear footsteps heading up the metal stairs.

"Were you trying to skip out on me?" Drew asks, a half smile on her light pink lips.

She's wearing my jacket, probably unaware of the paper in the left pocket.

"Have you followed me?" I ask, pushing aside the warning of danger, Liam was probably just asleep.

"I tracked your iPhone when I saw you left, you forgot something," she grinned, spinning in a circle once she was at the top to show off the jacket.

"I realize that, but you shouldn't be here, I don't trust this neighborhood."

"Well you're here, why can't I be?" she asked, pouting her lip.

I scoff, flicking at the decent sized love bite on her neck, just below her ear.

"Because I can handle it."

"So can I," she teases, crossing her arms. "I used to be a girl scout, you know?"

Before I can find the time to roll my eyes, the door swings open. There's Liam's voice screaming an apology from somewhere within the apartment, Chris standing in the doorway with a gun pointed at my face.

Well, pointed at where my face would be if I wasn't leaning against the doorway.

Time moves in slow motion after that. I can't seem to move fast enough, I can't feel anything but panic as I try to leap forward. I do, however, feel drops of blood spray onto my face where I stood almost directly next to Chris.

Drew stumbles back, soft pink lips falling open and eyes drifting downwards. I still can't seem to move my feet, chest tightening and aching like a feeling I've felt a few times before, the feeling of a broken rib nearly piercing my lung. I finally leap forward, hamd grabbing at the lapel of the black leather jacket she'd put on. I miss it by a centimeter and the railing behind her, the wobbly, rusty one, gives away.

Time finally catches up once both of her feet are off of the patio and the last thing I see is her looking up at me, brown eyes glistening. My hair hangs over my face, head hung downwards amd hands gripping the parts of the railing that weren't broken.

The sound of glass breaking seems louder than the gunshot did, the car below the patio beeping and going off, wrecked beneath the angel, my angel, only angel.

"I...I didn't mean-" I hear Chris' voice echo in my ears and I turn to look at him, tears burning my eyes.

Before I have the chance to charge at him, most likely which would have earned me a death by his remaining bullets, an arm reaches around his neck. Liam's rose tattoo on the back of his hand gives it away as he presses the gun to Chris' temple. I'm not even upset at my lost chance to be the one to kill him.

I run down the stairs quickly, flimching at the gunshot signifying the end of Chris. Liam's heavy footsteps follow me down and I freeze when I approach the car. My baby, my angel. Her brown locks cover her face, but I can tell her eyes are closed. I rush over, climbing onto the crushed hood and lifting her up carefully.

Brushing her hair out of her face, I hold her in my arms, ignoring the broken glass digging into my knees and shins. Liam watches in shock. Sirens wail in the distance, most likely called by the first gunshot. It only takes them seconds before two paramedics are stealing her from my arms, one of them a young looking brunette boy with bright blue eyes. He pushes me away, trying to console me along the way to the police car.

It's three months later that I finally get a new tattoo, it's a little kiwi on my wrist.

*puts on cool guy glasses* deal with it