Chapter 11

Life is not a spectator sport. Win, lose or draw, the game is in progress. whether we want it to be, or not. So, go ahead, argue with the refs, change the rules...cheat a little, take a break... and tend to your wounds. But play, Play, Play hard. Play fast. Play loose and free. Play as if there's no tomorrow.

-Meredith Grey, Grey's Anatomy

----------------------------------------

As soon as I shut the door behind me and turned around she pinned me to the door and started kissing me. I instantly kissed her back as she moved her hands from my shoulders to my hips pulling me closer. She then moved her lips and started kissing my neck which caused a moan to escape my mouth. I could feel her smiling against my neck as she moved one of her hands and cupped my breast making me moan even louder. She moved her head back up and kissed me on my lips. After a few seconds and Before I knew what I was doing I lifted my arms and gently pushed her off.

"what's wrong" she asks

"we shouldn't be doing this, I haven't seen you in years, I..." before I could finish she interrupts

"babe i know but I'm not expecting anything serious just a bit of fun I mean if you still want to I understand if you've changed your mind I mean it has been years and probably weird for you" I stared at her for a few seconds before I leaned in and connected our lips. Fuck It. Could think of worse distractions.

A while later...

"damn, I forgot how good you are" she pants as we lay naked on the floor of her living room.

"that was pretty awesome" I laugh. It really was.

"Fancy a drink" she asks as she stands up. I couldnt help but stare at her beautiful body.

"please" she walked into the kitchen and came back a few minutes later with some glasses of water.

"thanks" I say taking one of the glasses from her.

"erm, I think I should get going" I say after finishing my drink.

"or" she smirks placing a hand on my leg, Slowly moving it higher.

"you could stay"

"ok" I whispered after a few seconds of deliberately with myself.

"lets go to my bedroom, it's more comfortable" She stood up and held out her hand, I reached up and she pulled me up. Hand in Hand we walked upstairs.

As soon as we got into her bedroom she pushed me on her bed so I was laying on my back then walked up to me and climbed on top of me so she was straddling me. Instantly leaning down to connect our lips.

The next morning...

I woke up with the light shining through the window I instantly winced at the brighness. It took me a few seconds to realise where I was. I looked over and saw Carina asleep. I always thought she was beautiful even when she was sleeping.

I turned around and looked at the clock! holy shit! Ive got 20miutes to get to work. It will take me at 30minutes to walk from here.Fuck. I gently and quietly got out of bed and went downstairs. I quickly got dressed and got my bag and coat and left. I reached in my bag for my phone. Shit! 10missed Calls from Callie and 6 messages. I didn't bother reading the messages I just rang her straight back.

"shit Callie I'm so sorry, I'm late I know but can you get my work uniform and bring it to work I'll be there as soon as I can"

"okay" was all she said then hung up. That was werid.  I didn't have time to think about it as I saw a taxi drop someone off up the road. What luck! I quickly ran before it left.

"are you free to take me to Grey Sloan" I asked the taxi driver.

"sure, hop in"

I got in and 10minutes later we pulled up outside the hospital. I thanked the driver and paid him. I ran to the staff room just as Callie walked in. She looked awful.

"here" she says handing me my clothes. I thanked her and took the bag and ran to the bathroom to get changed. It was then that I could see the love bites on my neck from last night. Fuck. I used some foundation to cover it up, but you could still see they were there. I silently cursed Carina before leaving the bathroom.

"whats wrong" I ask Callie as I poured myself some coffee.

"didn't sleep much"  Makes two of us I thought.

"why"

"oh I Don't know maybe because you didn't come home last night I couldn't get hold of you, I was  worried sick, only to find out from April that you met with a 'Carina' after the meal and by those marks on your neck I guess I had no need to worry" She snapped. Oh Shit. I had to swallow the lump that formed in my throat.

"Callie I..."

"save it Arizona"

"Callie please"

"it's your life if you want to go there again thats your choice, but don't expect me to catch you this time, now lets go we have work tp do" Without giving me a chance to respond she walked off.

I stood there frozen. I don't understand why she's being like this. I know she hates Carina for what she did but it's been years. I let it go so why can't she. It wasn't until I finally moved that I realised tears were running down my face. I quickly wiped them away, finished my coffe and followed Callie to the ambulance. Today is not going to be good at all. I'll just have to ignore it and concentrate on my job, try and speak to her tonight.

--------------

thoughts so far?? hope your enjoying it will update soon as I can x