Chapter 3

Communication. It's the first thing we really learn in life. Funny thing is, once we grow up, learn our words and really start talking, the harder it becomes to know what to say. Or how to ask for what we really need.

-Meredith Grey, Greys Anatomy

-------------------------

Its been a 2 weeks since we won the semi finals. 2 weeks of seeing Erica and Callies getting closer. Callie doesn't seem to do anything without Erica. They are always laughing and joking, sometimes I think they are flirting with each other, all touchy feely with one another.
Today is the final and Im looking forward to it but I know my head isnt 100% in the game.

"you alright Arizona" Callie asks as we pull into the car park. Surprise surprise Erica is with us.

"yeah I'm fine" I fake smile.

As soon as the whistel went I knew I wasnt going to be at my best, my head was all over the place  I tried to ignore all the thoughts going around in my head but I couldnt. I kept losing the ball, I had to great chance to score but I missed, It just wasn't going well.

"Arizona wheres your head" Karev asked at half time.

"sorry Alex,"

"we need you so take this 15 minutes to sort yourself out "

"okay" was all I could say

I picked up my water bottle and sat down, leaning on the fence. I could see Callie looking at me with a worried expression but I just gave her  a fake smile, I know she'll ask questions later. I knew I had to sort my head out in the next 10minutes, I dont want to be the reason we lose. Before we went back on the pitch Callie came over to me.

"we've got this" shes smiles, looking straight into my eyes. I couldnt help but smile back at her. She gave me a hug and went on the pitch. I stared after her for a few seconds before going back on the pitch myself. I played better the second half, not my best but better then the first half. Erica came on with 10minutes left. I must admit she is a really good player, an asset to the team.

The game was really intense but luckily we won, but only just.  Callie scored the winner with 5 minutes left. Erica was the first person to congratulate her and I couldnt help but notice that the hug lasted longer then it should have. But soon the final whistle went and the whole team went mental, we won!

"well done out there ladies, super proud, great goal Torres, and nice assist Erica, now lets get changed and celebrate" Karev spoke.

We all decided to meet up later on for drinks. So me and Callie headed home to get showered and ready.  I settled on a black jumpsuit with black heels, and straightened my hair.

"damm Arizona" Callie says, smiling walking into my room. I turned around and had to stop my jaw dropping to the floor. Callie looked incredible, she had a tight fitting back dress on that hugged her curves perfectly with white heels. Her wavey hair falling perfecting around her shoulders. I could barely take my eyes off of her.

"could say the same about you, who knew you could scrub up so well" I laugh, trying to not make it obvious that I was mentally drooling.

"well I try" she laughed

" lets go"

"after you my lady" she says in a silly voice. I couldnt help but laugh.

10minutes later we entered the pub, The familiar smell of booze filling the air. Most of the team was already there  including Erica. As soon as Callie saw her she let go of my hand and ran straight to her and hugged her. That feeling of saddness and Jealously reared its ugly head again. I sighed as I walked to the bar to get a drink. Once I got my drink I went and sat nex to April.

"they seems close don't they" April said

"yeah"

"is something going on with them two" she asks

"what do you mean" I quizzed, knowing full well what she meant.

"Callie and Erica, Ive never seen her like this"

"nah Callies straight, plus she would have told me" I reply trying to believe what I just said. But even I'm not blind.

"are you sure"

"yes im sure" I snapped, instantly regretting it.

"are you jealous?"

" of what" I ask taking a sip of my drink.

"Callie and Erica, like how close they are" I sigh, April is a really close friend and I know I can tell her anything.

"April I don't know what I feel, I feel so many things when I see them two together"

"you have feelings for Callie don't you"

"she's my best friend" I say looking at Callie while taking a sip of my drink.

"but you want more" she quizzed. Do I? I stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

" you need to tell her"

"I can't, I dont even know what I feel myself, I just get so jealous of how close they are, how touchy feely they are, Its like I want that to be me, but I don't understand, I've seen her with people before, yeah I was a tiny but jealous then, but this is like 10 times worse, so I dont get whats so different now"

"maybe because Erica isnt a guy, maybe because you thought she didnt like women so there was never a chance of Callie reciprocating your feelings, but now there could be"

"I doubt it, even if Callie did like women, that she would like me, I just need time to figure stuff out, my head is all over the place"

"just talk to her Arizona, she's still your best friend, and plus there might be nothing going on between them, you wont know until you talk to her"

"yeah I guess your right" I sigh. How did I miss this, I did I not know that I have feelings for Callie. What am I going to do. 

---------------------------------------------------------

Hope your liking it so far. Would love some feedback :)  happy reading