Chapter 37

After we finished in the Arcades we got some food and went and sat on the sand. The sun was shining, it was beautiful. I haven't stopped smiling all morning.

"This has been amazing" I smile as I looked out at the ocean.

"I'm glad"

"Thank you" I said as I looked at Arizona, taking her hand into mine.

"Only the best for you" she smiled. I leaned in and connected our lips.

"Come on, we have to go, I need to get everything ready for the party" Arizona said after a few seconds. She stood up and stuck her hand out for me to take which I did. She helped me up and we made our way back to the car.

"Right go get a shower, Im gonna start getting things ready" Arizona said as we walked through the door.

"I can help" I said.

"Nope, now go" she chuckles, I know better then to argue. I took my shoes off and went upstairs. I turned on the shower and waited for the water to warm up before getting in. 20minutes later I got out and went to my wardrobe and looked at my clothes. I suddenly started to feel a sense of deja vu. The last time I got dressed up was when we went out and we know what happened then.

"Damn" I jump a little as Arizona walks in. I forgot i was still in my towel.

"Hey whats up" she asks when she sees my face as I turn around to face her.

"Just had a Deja Vu moment from the last time I got dressed up" I said as I sat on the bed. She looked at me and it took a few seconds for her to register what I was on about. Her face fell a little, letting me know she had figured it out.

"hey" she said as she came and sat next to me, taking my hand into hers.

"it's only our friends coming tonight, no strangers ok.  I promise you I will never let that happen again. I will never let you down like I did that night" It was at those last words that I realised I've never thought of how all this has affected Arizona. 

"I've been so selfish" I cry

"what" 

"I've never asked how this has affected you or how you feel or anything"

"Callie this is not about me"

"it is"

"lets not talk or think about it tonight okay, we will talk about it tomorrow I promise" I just nodded. She lifts her hand up and wiped the few stray tears that had fallen down my face. She leaned in and kissed me. I suddenly started to feel a little better.

"now get changed, it's taking all my will power not to rip that towel of you" she laughs. 

"I wouldn't stop you" I wink back. She leaned in and kissed me roughly. I could feel myself getting turned on.

"later" she whispered in my ear after a few minutes, before standing up and walking out, leaving me turned on and frustarted. After a few seconds I managed to compose myself and got up. Arizona is right, this isn't going to be like before. I mean I'm in my own home with my friends. I'm just being stupid. 

I stood up and went back to my wardrobe and picked out my black jumpsuit. I then dried my hair then straightened it before applying a bit of makeup. Once I was done I put my jumpsuit on and paired it with my favour black heels. I know I'm staying at home but doesn't mean I can't dress up properly. I took once last look in my mirror and then headed downstairs. I walked into the living room and it was beautiful. Arizona had moved the sofa against one of the  walls and the coffee table against the other. There were white and silver balloons all over the floor and walls, a massive banner across the chimmey breast wall. There were candles lit everywhere. The table was full of food and bottles of alcohol. It just looked perfect.

"do you like it" Arizona smiles as she walks in from the kitchen. She looked beautiful. She had light blue ripped jeans on and a black strappy top paired with white heels, her hair was braided and put into a high bun. I couldn't stop myself from staring.

"I love it" I said after a few seconds.

"I've done the garden as well but you won't be able to see the effect until it's dark" she said as she placed plastic cups on the table.

"you didn't have to do all this" I said.

"I know I didn't but I wanted too" 

I finished helping Arizona and about 10 minutes later people started to arrive. Half an hour later the house was full. Arizona has invited the whole football team, Carina, Meredith, Bailey and some other people from work. It was so nice to have them all here and to be honest it was actually taking my mind off of everything. 

"you having fun" Arizona ask a while later as I made myself another drink.

"I am thank you" I smile as I lean in and kiss her.

"get a room you too" April laughs as she joins us.

"we will later" I wink at Arizona which made us all laugh. The next couple of hours consisted of music and dancing and drinking. I made sure I only had a few drinks I didn't want to get to drunk. 

"right can everyone go outside into the garden, make sure you have a drink" Arizona shouts as she turns the music off. Everyone slowly makes their way outside and I follow. As soon as I get outside my jaw drops. I thought inside was beautiful but this was amazing. There was fairy lights all over the garden, around the banister and hand rails of the raised patio, around all the trees that lined the garden. There was a few candels around the patio giving it a romantic relaxing feeling. Arizona has really gone above and beyond this year, she is beyond incredible. 

"Happy birthday to you...." Arizona sang as she walked out the back door with a big cake full of candles. Immeditley  everyone started singing with her as they all turned they attention to me. I could feel myself getting a little red. Within seconds Arizona was infront of me and they had all stopped singing. I took a deep breath, made a wish and blew out the candles.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this chapter is a little shit or boring but hope you all enjoy it anyway :) lol