Chapter 11

"what are you arguing about?" I asked as I walked into the kitchen. Both boys whipped around.

"Nothing" They both said smoothly at the same time

"Im not stupid. You were fighting and it involved me"

"Stupid full vampire senses." Aaron growled as he turned away. Carson and Aaron Are Both half vampires, Aaron is half wizard and Carson is half Werewolf. Carson had originally been full vampire until an incedenit that involved trying to kll Aaron happened.

I smiled at both boys then walked to the living room. Cylie was sitting on the couch watching t.v., I froze. You see, I've only know Cylie Rae Anderson for about a week, more or less and all shes done is threatened me.

"Its okay Kaye Laini, I wont hurt you with the boys so close" her tone was convincing but the look in her eyes told me to get away. I backed done the hall not sure where I was going and not really paying attention. I didnt realize where I was till I ran Into Lilly.

"Do You Know What Today Is?" Lilly Asked Idmedently, Ignoring the fact That I had just ran into her,

"Uh, No"

"Halloween."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, Times Gone By fast"

"yeah"

"anyways me and Aaron were talking and we decided we were going to do some trick or treating tonight, but more tricking then anything"

"so?"

"Wanna join us"

"sure"

I smiled and walked past her, not sure what i had just gotten myself into.

"Dress in black" Aaron whispers as I pass him in the hall. I smile and nod. Tonight was starting to sound more and more fun. I walked into my room and sat down on the bed. I layed back only to jump back up, startled from the feeling of paper touching my neck. I turn and face the bed, there are two envolopes, One a white creamy color, the other a pale pink. Something deep inside me tells me i NEED to read the pink one frist.

I pick up the pink one and quickly open it. I smile as the smell of my moms perfume surrounds me.

The letter is short and simple but it really gets to me-

Kaye Laini,

Me and your dad are happy again. We miss you dearly and even though I know you are safe your dad is worrying like crazy. take care my angel.

~Mom.

I was happy for them, happy that they found each other but part of me wished I was with them, like the old days.

I Slide the letter back in the envelope and pick up the cream one. Its heavier and seems to be glowing. I reach to open it but gasp in surprise when it opens its self. A Small piece of paper jumps out and opens up. It slowly flutters down to my lap.

I read it slowly-

Seven days to choose

Thats all? Seriously. Frustrated and still in a sleepy state I dont realize how important the seven days note is.