Chapter 3

I Went Down Stairs And Back To My Dads Room. I Knocked this Time But In My Own Special Way

"Come In Kaye Laini"

I Opened The Door In Stepped In. "How Did You Know It Was Me?"

"Your Knock" He Smiled. "Why Did You Run Out Earlier"

"I Couldn't Look At The Pictures"

"It Hurts Me To"

I Stood At The Desk And looked At The Pictures. Each Picture Was Of A Different Place. My Mom Loved To Travel.

"Have You Checked Any Of These Places"

"A Few. I Stopped Because I Needed To Come Back To You"

I Smiled And Gave My Dad A Quick Hug. "I Love You Dad"

"Love You To Kaye Laini"

I Smiled.

~~~~

By The Time Me And My Dad Were Dont Talking I Had Him Laughing. Aaron Was Right, Love Was Bringing Him Back. I Kept Mentioning How Much Me And Mom Loved Him And How Much I Had Missed Him. I Walked Up The Stairs To The Attic Very Slowly. I Was So Tired.

I Tossed And Turned All Night. I Couldnt Get My Mom Out Of My Head. I Was Worried About Her. Carson Kept Entering My Mind. I Couldnt Stand This, The Two People That I Loved Most In My Life Werent Around Me any More. I Mean, Carsons Around He Just Isnt Mine. My mom Is Off Lost In The World. When I Did Finally fall Asleep My Alarm Clock Went Off.

I got Dressed and walked down the stairs not bothering to stop and eat, I walked out the front door. I slowly made my way to school. I Slumped Foreward in my desk.

"Miss.House, This Isnt Nap Time" I Heard An Adult Male Say.

"Leave Me Alone" I Grumbled. People Around Me Were Laughing.

"Miss House, Princpals Office Now"

"Fine" I Opened My Eyes And Blinked Couple Of times. I Was In Mr.Crunies Class. Everyone Seemed To Be Laughing But Carson, He Was Frowning. I Flipped My Hair And WAlked To The Office.

I Walked right past the principals Office And right out the front door of the school. I didnt feel right, school was boring, I couldn't sleep at night, I missed my mom and Carson. I groaned and walked to Carsons house. From what Aaron said Lilly was living there. I needed to talk to her. Once I got There I knocked twice And The Door Swung Open. It Was Aaron.

"Shouldnt You be in school"

"I Fell asleep in class and got sent to the principals office and I miss you."

He smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

Aaron Wasn't Exactly who I wanted at the moment but it was nice to be in his arms.

"Carson would go Crazy if he was you 2 right now" Lilly Came Down The Stairs. "Long time no see" She smiled at me.

"Im grounded for life."

"Thats To bad. I Need a shopping buddy"

I half smiled at her and hugged Aaron tightly.

The Day Trickled By Slowly. Aaron And Me Sat On The couch and Watched TV. A Few Hours Later The Front Door Swung Open And Carson Came In. I Curled Up Closer To Aaron.

"Whats She Doing Here" Carson Looked Disgusted.

"Shes Hanging Out With Me." Aaron

"Its My House." Carson turned to Me and Held the front door open "Bye Kaye Laini"

"What?"

"Bye"

"Your Kicking Me Out!"

"Yeah."

I Got Up And Walked Up To Carson. I Stood On My Tip Toes And Slapped Him Across The Face. I Smiled, Waved Bye To Aaron And Lilly. I Ran Home.

I Climbed Up The Side Of the House And into the attic. I Didnt Want them yelling at me. My Hand Stung From Hitting Carson. I Settled Down In My Bed. Once again wishing That Carlee Was Still Here. I Drifted To Sleep And Found Myself In A Dark room.

"Im Not Gone Kaye Laini" A Girl Kept Saying.

I Was Trieing To Ignor Her But I Couldnt. Her Voice Was So Fimalar. The Girl Was Someone I Missed. I couldnt See Anyone And It Was Freezing.

"KAYE LAINI IM NOT GONE!" The girl Yelled.

"Who Are You" I Cried

"How Can you Not Know" The Girl Whispered.

"Its Me Carlee" The Girl came Out Of The Dark, Sure Enough It Was Carlee.

"Your Dead"

"No Duh"

"How Can I See You"

"I Dont Know. But I Just Wanted To Let You Know That Im Always Watching You."

"I Wish You Were Still Alive."

"So Do I"

"Dont Forget Me Kaye Laini!"

Everything Started Spinning

Sat Up In My Bed. I Was Covered In Sweat.

"It Was Just A Dream" I Whispered. I Took A Deep Breath And Tried To Sleep.

Something About The Dream Was Bugging Me. I Couldnt Remeber It. I Groaned And Slowly Fell Back Asleep. I Was Slowly Pulled Back Into The Dark room.

I Sat There. I Didnt Know What To Do. Why Was I Here Again?

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYE LAINI" Carlee Suddenly Yelled.

"Thanks"

"Its Been A Year Since You Met Carson"

"And Its Been A Half A Year Since You Died"

"That Part Doesnt Matter. Enjoy Your Birthday Bestie"

"Thank You."

I Ended Up In My Room Again. a Dark Figure Was Standing In The Corner.