💧Xingqiu💧

This was requested by Someone you might know from Quotev. You are not the Energiro Archon but you do have an Energiro vision.

To say that Xingqiu could not cook, would have to be an understatement. Due to him being the second son to the Feiyun Commerce Guild, he's had a lot of people do things for him. He also never had an interest in cooking, since it wasn't a book. He'll read cooking books to see if there was something he wanted to eat, but he never took action to try and cook.

So, you're probably wondering why he's trying to cook. Well, (Y/n), his childhood friend, is visiting from Nishati. Her family had moved when the two were only 6, and he hasn't seen her since. (Y/n) and Xingqiu have only had contact through letters and sometimes there will be little gifts exchanged between the two.

Now that they're in their teens, he wondered what she looked like. Did she still have those chubby cheeks and big (e/c) eyes from when she was little? Is her hair longer/shorter than the last time he saw her in person. Was she still into books like he was, or does she have a completely different interest in something else?

"Xingqiu, what are you doing?" His older brother asked, walking into the kitchen to see his little brother attempting to make food. He was a little concerned for the pots and pans.

"I'm making food for (Y/n)," Xingqiu said, continuing to try and cook. "She's coming to Liyue for the first time in almost 10 years, and I wanted to make food for her as a welcoming gift."

"Ah, I remember her," His brother nodded his head. "She's visiting? How come I got no word of it?"

"Because it's only her and I who are meeting up, it's not official business," Xingqiu said, and tried to flip something, but that obviously failed. Food got onto the floor. "Besides, she's here for me."

"Hey I wanna see her too," Xingqiu's brother whined. He knew (Y/n) and his brother got along pretty well. He honestly felt like an older brother to (Y/n). Seeing how his own little brother and little sister figure were around each other, he wouldn't mind if (Y/n) became his real sister-in-law. "She's like the little sibling I never had."

"Excuse me?" Xingqiu asked.

"Nothing, nothing," Xingqiu's brother raised his hands in defense. "It's nothing, promise. By the way, the meat is burning."

Hopping off the ship, (Y/n) stretched her arms over her head. It's been almost 10 years since she had been in Liyue, and now she's back. The air still smelled so salty, and there were still a bunch of small businesses on the docks, most of them new to her.

"(Y/n)!" She looked over, seeing a familiar head of blue hair.

"Xingqiu!" The girl smiled, and ran to her long time friend, tackling him in a hug. "It's so good to see you in person! It's been to long my friend!"

"Indeed it had!" Xingqiu smiled, hugging his childhood friend back. He'll admit, she got taller, her hair was shorter/longer, and she defiantly looked stronger than when he saw her so long ago. She had a lot of muscle to her, something Xingqiu was a little afraid of cause now it looked like she could beat his butt. "How was the boat ride?"

"Boring," (Y/n) rolled her eyes, and let her friend go from the hug and got off of him, offering him a hand. "There was a bunch of drunk sailors and merchants, so the ship smelled like wine and other drinks. Not fun."

"I can imagine," Xingqiu took her hand, and pulled himself up. "Your room has already been made, the same one you had stayed in."

"That old room?" (Y/n) asked, remembering every inch of her room in Xingqiu's place. Let me guess, you changed a few things about it, right? Cause I feel like you changed it to the room I wrote about in my letter."

"What? No," Xingqiu laughed nervously. Yeah he did. "Ok yes I changed it."

"Knew it," (Y/n) smiled. "Now come on! I wanna go relax and get this heavy backpack off my back. My shoulders are starting to hurt."

"How come you didn't it your bag on your lap or something?" He asked.

"Because I didn't want some drunk sailors trying to take my bag. That's annoying, and it would be easier for me to lock my arms together so they can't take it off my shoulders instead of my arms."

"Understandable." Xingqiu shrugged, following.

"You...cooked...?" (Y/n) asked, looking at the food that was in front of her.

The chicken was burnt on the outside raw on the inside, the fish looked like it still had bones, the salad looked they had whole tomatoes instead of tiny tomatoes, the peppers didn't looked cut right, and (Y/n) swears she thought she saw the sauce move or look at her.

"You...never cook...." (Y/n) honestly had no clue what to say. She was worried she was going to get food poisoning. "You had someone help you in the kitchen, right?"

"My brother." Xingqiu said nervously. Honestly, her reaction towards his cooking was expected.

"And he's never cooked either..." (Y/n) face palmed. "Here, how about I help you cook something, alright? Cooking something together always tastes better if you ask me."

"You cook?" Xingqiu asked, grabbing as many plates as he could and started throwing out the food. Honestly he's been wanting to throw out the food the moment he put it on the plate, but he had to pick up (Y/n) so there was no time to try again.

"Mom taught me," (Y/n) said, and helped him throw out the food. "She started teaching me when we arrived in Nishati, since that is where she had learned to cook from friends. She loves their cooking, so she wanted me to know how to cook."

"Why? She didn't seem like she wanted to teach you how to cook when we were younger." Xingqiu said.

"One reason is because she knows that you've never been in a kitchen, so she wanted me to learn how to cook to feed you just in case you don't have any cooks around or you don't have enough Mora to pay for food," (Y/n) said. "That, and because she wanted to make sure I can cook for myself whenever I need to leave home."

"How many dishes did she teach you?" The blue haired boy asked.

"Everything she knows, and I've been exchanging letters with Xangling and she's been giving me some advice on different things to add or change to my cooking to make everything taste better. She even sent over some Jueyun Chili's and a few other things from Liyue and Mondstadt for me to try cooking."

"So how good of a cook are you? Or are you still burning things like when we were little?" Xingqiu asked. He's referring to the time (Y/n) had tried to bake something, and she nearly burned down the kitchen. Xingqiu still won't let that go because he uses it against her and finds it entertaining when she's frustrated with him.

"Hey, I said I was sorry," (Y/n) smiled, punching her friend in the arm playfully. "And I'm a way better cook than I used to be. Granted it took me time to not nearly burn the place down, but hey, it's alright. Anyways, grab me the ingredients I'm gonna list."

"Oh wow! This does taste amazing!" Xingqiu smiled brightly, eating some of the dish that (Y/n) made. "You really have improved."

"Oh shut up," (Y/n) rolled her eyes playfully, taking a bite of her food. "Where's your brother and father anyways?"

"Who knows." Xingqiu shrugged.

"Hello (Y/n)," Xingqiu's brother made an appearance, and took some of (Y/n)'s food off of her plate. "Wow, you're pretty good at cooking."

(Y/n) grabbed her bowl full of a salad, and smashed it into the older males face. "No stealing my food."

Xingqiu nearly fell over in laughter. His stomach was hurting, and he started to cough at how hard he was laughing. "Oh my gosh! That was amazing!"

Xingqiu's brother took the bowl off of his face, and tried to put it on top of (Y/n)'s head, but she dodged and then smashed a potato in his face.

"Nice try though." (Y/n) continued to eat.

"I can't breathe!" Xingqiu howled.