Chapter 19

CSS 19| Graduation

But I don't want her to be hurt.” Itinagilid nito ang ulo, nakatingin sa akin. “I don't want het to be hurt like what happened to you..”

Hindi ako nakasagot na para bang may nasabi itong dapat kong ikatigil. Alam ko ang gusto niyang sabihin. Alam na alam ko.

I grabbed this chance to talk about it. I needed to. Dahil para sa akin ay may mga bagay pa akong dapat itanong sakanya.

Years have passed but I didn't have the courage to talk to Deiry. It's like when she's around I always fell at silence. I couldn't compose what to say, I couldn't be playful like i used to. “Years ago.. I'm sorry..” I finally said it. Fuck.

Her brows arched. “Ah..” Then she looked again at Dorothy's. “Hayaan mo na 'yon, matagal nang nangyari.” I saw a glimpse of her small smile.

I knew I have something to say rather than that.. But can I? “Deiry, we both know that you didn't like me––”

She cut me off. “You and Gremory.”

I winced on what she said. It's so obvious.. “Yes, yes.. But I just want to tell you how sorry I am for saying those words to you. I know years have passed but my words will still remain.. It just... A-Ahm.. Sorry for all those harsh and invalid words I've thrown..”

She nodded, gone the smile I stared for almost a minute. “It was nothing actually. Sanay na akong nakakarinig ng mga ganoong bagay patungkol sa akin. Sanay na ako sa lahat. So, you have nothing to worry.”

It was my fault.. But why the heck she's claiming that it was her? Bakit niya sinasabing ayos lang? Deiry is the kind of person that is prideful, she's keeping all the bad things onto herself. Lagi niyang pinapakita sa lahat na pangit ang ugali niya which is not.

Deiry... Why are you so hard to read? Why are you so hard to understand?
Why are you so mysterious?

For the discussion to end she just smiled again. I was stunned for the sudden smile, if I were holding a camera I'll surely capture it. Her elusive smile was in full show. Deiry the stone cold ft. aloof girl rarely smiling.. For a second, her smile is comforting and amazing.. Hindi kasi ako sanay makita at alam kong hindi rin siya sanay na ngumiti.

“Just go..” I heard a familiar voice it was cold and uninterested.

I saw Gremory and Dorothy talking at the near gate. I noticed how Deiry kept her eyes on them. Bakit kaya parang may kakaiba sakanya? Why is she so protective? Bakit ayaw niya sa amin ni Gremory?

“Just... Kahit tanggapin mo lang Gremory..” Dorothy's pleading voice.
“Pinaghirapan ko 'yan.. Kahit tanggapin mo lang tapos itapon mo na..” She said.

“What the fuck?! Didn't I tell you to stay away from me?! Why the heck are you giving me this in the middle of the night? Fuck, did I ask you to do this?” Gremory is clearly pissed.

Susugod na sana si Deiry ng pigilan ko siya. She has to calm down, okay. I held her hand really tight.

“Pero.. Gremory..” I couldn't watch them nor listen. Parang nakikita ko si mama kay Dorothy. Damn, Gremory is kinda harsh and cold hearted now.