Chapter 50

Arianas POV

Saturday morning

"Ari, get up or you will be late!" My mum shouted

I'm going to try and get a job down at the hair salon, hopefully I'll be accepted, then I'm going to tell Calum and then I'm going to a party and dragging Kelly along.

I headed to the bathroom and switched the shower on, I washed my hair and my body and shaved where I needed to and then rinsed myself off.

I wrapped myself up into a towel and went back to my bedroom.

I dried my hair and tied it up into a high ponytail and I pulled a few strands down so it looked messier and it was the way I wanted it to be.

I put on some high waisted blue skinny jeans and a black short sleeved crop top, I put on some black converses and I quickly did my makeup.

I sprayed some perfume and took my iPhone off charge, I grabbed my bag and my house keys and I rushed downstairs.

"See you later" Mark and my mum said goodbye and I closed the door before I heard anything else.

I walked to the hair salon and luckily it was warm and sunny so it was a really nice walk.

I pushed the door open and heard the overhead bell ring, I approached the front desk and a short haired brunette with chocolate brown eyes smiled at me.

"Hello, how can I help?" She asked.

"I noticed that you have a 'help wanted' sign and I was wondering if I could work here part time?" I asked.

"How old are you?" She asked.

"Almost seventeen" she nodded.

"Name?"

"Ariana Irwin" she made a note and smiled at me.

"Are you qualified?" I shook my head and she laughed.

"I'm only kidding, you could work here for a few hours on a Saturday?" I nodded and smiled.

"When would you like me to start?" I asked.

"Today, if that's okay" I nodded and smiled at her.

"Great! You can put your bag in the staff room" I nodded and headed over to the white door, I twisted the door handle and saw two other women making a coffee or something.

I smiled and placed my bag down awkwardly.

"I'm a part time helper" I mumbled.

"Oh right, I'm Christine and this is Bianca" I nodded, they looked atleast 25 if I'm honest.

"I'm Ariana" they smiled at me

"Nice to meet you" wow, they are being nice to me already.

"You too" I replied and left the staff room.

"Okay, if a few customers come at a time and there isn't enough of us, ask them if they want to have their hair washed before their haircut and you can wash it for them" I nodded and smiled.

"Do I make drinks and sweep up too?" She nodded and I nodded as well.

"First customer of the day!" She squealed and welcomed the red haired girl inside.

I watched her begin to trim the girls hair, she had beautiful long ombre hair.

"Ari, can you get me some of the brunette hair dye please?" I nodded and walked over to the cabinet containing the hair dye boxes.

I picked up the brunette one and some towels and handed them to Kate.

She thanked me and she began to wash the girls hair, I saw another customer walk in and Christine rushed forward and took the small old looking woman to one of the stands.

"Would you like a drink?" She asked.

"Yes, could I please have a cup of tea, no sugars please" Christine looked over at me and I nodded and went into the staff room and grabbed a plain white mug.

I put a teabag inside the cup and boiled the kettle, once it boiled I poured it into the mug and took the teabag out. I put some milk into the tea and stirred it properly.

I walked back out and placed the mug down on the table, the old lady thanked me and I smiled in response.

Another customer walked in and Bianca approached her and began to speak to her.

"Ariana, can you wash Mrs Murphys hair please?" I nodded and grabbed some towels from the cabinet.

I wrapped one of the smaller towels around her shoulders and I guided her head into the sink and her short blonde hair laid in the sink.

I switched the water on and let it warm up to a sensible temperature.

"Just tell me if the water is too hot" she nodded and I began to wet her hair, I put my hand in front of her hairline to stop any water going onto her face.

I turned the water off and put some shampoo and then some conditioner onto her hair, I made sure to rinse her hair out properly and I wrapped her hair up into the other towel.

I helped her up and she walked over to Bianca's work station, Kate was now standing at the till taking the girls payment and I headed over to where Kate was previously working and I began to sweep up the hair that was scattered around on the floor.

"Oh, thank you Ariana" I smiled in response and I put the hair into the bin and I put the brush away.

"I'll pay you next week, we open at 9am and close at 1pm, so its only a couple of hours," I nodded and grabbed my bag from the staff room.

"I'll see you next week then, thanks for helping us today" I nodded and said goodbye to them and I left the hair salon.

I began to walk home and I remembered that I had to tell Cal the way I felt before it was too late.

I walked straight past my house and walked down a couple of blocks until I was in front of Calums house, I took a deep breath and walked up to his front door.

I pressed the doorbell and immediately regretted it.

"Oh hello Ariana" joy greeted me.

"Hi, is Calum home?"

"No, he actually headed over to your house to get ready for some party" I nodded and thanked her.

"Goodbye" I waved and walked back to my house.