The Gala.

Lena's pov

I was at home waiting for Kara to come over so we could get ready for the gala. I soon heard the door bell and one of the servants answering it. "Miss Lena! " he called and I came to the door. "Hello Kara, come on lets get ready we've only got 2 hours. " we rushed up to my bedroom holding hands before I pushed Kara in and we both laughed.

"Here are your clothes. " I said giving them to Kara. She thanked me and headed into the bathroom whilst I got changed in my room.

Once we came to the gala building the news report ran over to the car as my body guards kept us from getting swamped. "Lena who is this girl on your arm? " one asked "is this confirming the rumors from earlier this year that you were seen on a date with a girl" we entered the room and was met by Lex. "Why hello baby sister and the lovely Kara Dangers welcome. " I pulled her to my side when Lex tried to hold her hand to kiss it. "Lena your mother wants to see you." One servant said coming towards us.

I still held Kara close to me as we waded though the crowd towards my mother. She was sat at a large table with only the richest people in National City. "Hello mother. " I said making her look up at me. "Hello daughter. Who is this shy little mouse behind you? " I looked back to Kara who was practically hiding behind me. "I'm K-Kara Ms Luthor. " Kara said holding out her hand to shake my mother's. "Come sit girls. " we sat down me on the closest seat to my mother and Kara close as she could be to me. "Are you scared? " I asked whispering into her ear Kara nodded her head and I moved my chair closer to her's. "So Lena where did you find this one? " I laughed and answered "Lex. He made me show her around the school. " my mother nodded her head before asking Kara "why are you holding onto her like a child sit up straight?. " Kara did so letting go of my arm and sitting up straight. "Good girl. " "so mother how has Luthor Corp been doing? " I asked whilst sneaking my hand under the table to hold Kara's, why I liked holding her so much I didn't know, there was just something about her that made me feel lost if I wasn't. "It's going well your brother has really been helping out before he takes over this year. " I nodded my head and heard Kara talking but it wasn't to me it was to a man sat beside her. James. I thought looking over to him, my first and last boyfriend. I squeezed Kara's hand as I continued talking with my mother.

Soon the dancing started and I pulled Kara towards the floor. "I don't like you talking to him " I said as we joined the dancers in a simple couples dance. "Are you jealous Miss Luthor? " Kara laughed into my neck. "No. I just know he's bad news. " Kara laughed again and pulled me closer before spinning me around and then holding me again. "You don't have to worry about him or any other guy Lena. " Kara whispered into my ear before leaning in closer so that are chests were touching. "What about girls? " I asked gripping her waist. "You won't have to worry about anyone Lena, I like you... " she said as the song finished and we were pulled into to different directions for the partner swap.

I spent the rest if the night dancing and having fun with Kara. We ended up hiding in the bathroom from all the noise. "So many people want to talk to you" Kara said sitting on the counter after checking that it was dry. "Well you are the talk of the party my dear. The amount of dirty looks I've given men for looking at you. " I tried to get up as well but I just couldn't Kara laughed and got off till help me up. She then stood inbetween my legs and rested her head on my chest. "Thankyou so much for inviting me, I needed this. " I rested my chin on her head and stroked her hair. "Thankyou for saving me and making this night so much fun. " Kara looked up at me and as our eyes locked all I could think about was kissing her.

I held her chin and her hand before bringing her lips towards mine. We touched lips and as I kissed her I felt like I was in cloud nine. "I like you so much Kara, and I promise you are not one of my fuck toys I promise. " I said scared of what she would think. "Pinky promise? " I pulled my pinky up and Kara did the same before we hooked them. "I pinky promise to never break your heart and not use you just for sex. " I swore before she pulled me in for another kiss.