Letter

I woke up super early and got ready. My mom lives in Wisconsin so it was pretty cold. She used to call me a slut for wearing skirts and crop tops, so I decided to wear a baggy sweater with baggy jeans. Once I was ready to go I grabbed my wand and shoved it in the back of my jeans. I closed my eyes and imagined every single detail if my moms living room. I then imagined I was there. I began to apparate.

I landed in my moms living room. She was sitting at the kitchen table drinking alcohol. "Savannah?" She stood up and walked over to me. It felt like forever since I saw her. I backed away as she got closer. "I cannot stay very long." She stopped moving and looked down. "I'm really glad you decided to visit." I rolled my eyes.

"Visit? I came here for dad. What did he leave behind?" She jumped as I raised my voice. "I'm sorry. I misunderstood." It grew silent. I walked over to where she was drinking and poured the glass full of alcohol down the drain. "Stop fucking drinking."

- When I was younger my mother used to mentally and physically abuse me. It all got very bad after she started drinking. Every sip I saw her take I knew it would end up badly. -

I walked over to my mom as I grabbed her bottle. "All my life I was living in hell because of your stupid choice to drink every fucking day." I poured the drink on the floor until there was nothing left. "You are the reason I had a fucked up childhood." I walked over to the trash can and threw the bottle in. As I looked back at my mom she had tears all down her face.

"I'm sorry Savannah. I know I cannot take back the past but I still have the future. Please. I'm trying to be better for you. That was the first glass of alcohol I have had in months." I couldn't believe her. Saying she is sorry. Sorry doesn't do shit. I cannot lash out now. I clenched my hands together and took a deep breath. "Where is the thing dad left behind?"

She quickly walked in the other room and came out with a letter. It was sealed shut. My name was written on it with his beautiful cursive handwriting. Savannah. I couldn't stand to look at my mess of a mother any longer. I walked to the center of the room and closed my eyes. I was back at Hogwarts.

I was outside my dorm. I walked in and sat on my bed. My breathing was heavy as I opened the letter slowly.

My beautiful girl,

I love you. I know you might think I left this planet because of you, but I did not. I hated how we ended things. So I guess this is my apology and goodbye. I have been a horrible father. I watched your mother hurt you and I did nothing about it. I couldn't live with myself. I figured it would be better for you to not have me in your life at all.

     I love you so much Savannah. I know you are mad that I left you, but in the future you will thank me. I will always be with you and always watching you.

     Till we meet again my beautiful girl.     -Dad

     What the fuck? He thought leaving me would help me? I feel on my bed and began to cry into my pillow. How could he possibly think that killing himself was good for me? I heard someone open the door and come over to me. I looked up and it was Hermione. "What's wrong?" I couldn't speak. The words just could not come out of my mouth. I pointed to the letter and she picked it up and read it.

While she was reading her eyes began to water. She quickly got on my bed and began to rub my back as I let it all out. After a while I had no more tears. "Thank you for coming in Hermione." She smiled and kissed my hand. "I'm so sorry Savannah." I smiled and sat up. "I'm not going to let this ruin my day." I stood up and walked over to my door. "Come on let's get high or something?" She laughed and ran over to me. "Who are we inviting?" I gave her an evil grin as I whispered in her ear. "All our fucking friends."

We ran down the stairs then back up the other stairs to Ron and Harry's room. We walked in without knocking. "Come on boys let's get fucked up!" They were playing cards like boring old men. Me and Hermione laughed. Ron stood up and walked over to us. "Any special occasion?" I looked at him and smiled. "Nope." We all walked back to my dorm. I wanted Draco to join us so badly. "Guys I'll be right back I'm going to get a surprise." They all looked at each other and smiled. "It better be alcohol." Harry said as I left.

I left to the Slytherin common room and as I walked in I saw Draco reading. He sat up once he saw me. "Savannah." I walked over to him and pulled on his tie to stand up. "Come on let's get high!" He smiled and walked with me back to my dorm. "Fine by me love." Once I opened the door his smile faded. "I'm not fucking getting high with that mudblood and fucking Potter." I closed the door so I could talk with him alone. "Please Draco do it for me. I had a really bad day and I need all my friends here." We stood there for a while while he was thinking.

"Fine. But if they do shit I'm leaving." I smiled and we walked in. We both sat against the bed while everyone was staring at me. Ron leaned over and whispered something to Harry. "The fuck did you say Weasley?" I put my hand on Draco's chest so he didn't do anything stupid. "Guys come on I had a really bad day can we just get high in peace please? Just this once?" Harry glared at me. "Fuck you Savannah." He looked away and I smiled. "Is that a yes?" He bit the inside of his cheek. "Fine but just this once."

     That night was amazing. At times I saw Draco and my friends actually enjoying themselves together. I was wondering if Draco could really get used to them. For me.